Is DragonLord better that Testament?

May 20, 2002
Australia
Visit site
This may be a silly questions since the same guy writes probually all the material for both bands.

But i have been a fan of Testament for a while now but when DragonLord came out, it blew me away. I think Eric is more free with his musical concepts when writing for DL.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a second album?

:devil:

silly question? hardly, but you can't really compare them. totally different bands!

testament is old-school THRASH metal... very brutal and classic.

DL has thrashy elements, but has influences from black and progressive metal as well.

a second album is likely... can't spill the beans just yet.

I would say look for at least one more DL cd by next year some time, but for now, Testament is the focus. I feel lucky to be a part of both,and look forward to being a part of both for some time to come. As for the comparison end of things, I have to agree with Ms. Anthrope, there is no comparing the two, even though 3 of us are members of Testament. The style of Testament is way different, a pioneering if you will. I don't want to go into detail about the new album, but it will be a welcome answer to the void felt over the last year or so by many. The next DL cd will follow, and will also be a pioneering of sorts. It is too different to compare the two bands though, because of the style differences. DL is going more for that Progressive Black vibe, and Testament is firmly rooted in Thrash. DL has keyboards, Testament does not ( well excluding the intro to DNR I guess!). Anyway, both will crush for some time to come, and as long as you like them to, they'll be there to deliver the metal to you!
Hail!

I do agree that it comes down to personal preferance but in technicality, imagination and imagery i thing DL wins out. But for sold thrashy beats and edge Testament hits is hard.

A main theme that i think makes DL attractives is the imagery it portrays in a lyrical and artistic fachion. I mean just the CD cover takes you to a different realm. Good Job to everyone you had input for its design.

Can't wait for the new Testament.
And thanks for the reply Steve.

:devil:

Yeah, can't really compare them.

I think Dragonlord - Rapture is the most historically significant/new album to come out of the Bay Area in years.
Testament is great and everything, but they're just doing what they've done since they were Legacy, for the most part... well, with some different members.

i know i'll never get tired of the mighty TESTAMENT - NEVER!!! they've made a HUGE impact in my life. when i first moved here to the bay area, they are one of the very first bands that got my attention!!! i'll have to scan and post that old legacy flyer i still have.

and since i've discovered 'some' great talent in the black metal genre, i am ever faithful to DragonLord!