Is it January in Norway yet?

Oystein said:
So many times I have turned down proposals for tours and festivals just because I am not interested. Often that is proposals that would have meant money and allot of CDs and T-shirts sold.
It's been almost 10 years since the last decent tour! So many (new) fans are dying to see Borknagar live so the way I see it, touring would be a win-win situation !!! :rolleyes: :cry:

But I must admit that "The Archaic Course" is an album that is really close to my heart.

Fuck yeah :lol: I feel the same. I am glad the are going back to the older sounded, TAC and Quintessence are the band's best albums imo (along with TGP) and well, it's always great to see them try to recreate that atmosphere. I will be a little crushed though if Simen doesn't do the guest appearance. I mean normally I wouldn't have ever expected him to sing in Borknagar again so I wouldn't have ever thought of it but it was brought up and mentioned as a possibility so I'm begging you GET HIM INTO THE STUDIO AND DO THAT SONG!!

He won't fucking do it Joe. I blame fucking Arcturus. Fuck them. They had the perfect singer for that band and they fucking ruined everything because now Simen doesn't do shit.

Fuck yeah :lol: I feel the same. I am glad the are going back to the older sound

Yes, that was their good sound. Epic and Empiricism sound good, but they don't have the luster that the older albums have.

Vortex has gotten lazy these days. It's Dimmu Borgosphere's fault, they made him lazy and got him used to hardly singing...

Hey guys, did Defiance become a mod when I wasn't looking or something? Did Tyr say he had had enough of me and passed them flame on to this guy?

o_O didn't you know? He told me I'm the new mod.

Hehe just kidding, I was just trying to help, it's better to not have 10 threads about the new album, but oh well.

I expect Borknagar to be back with a focused record similar to Empiricism for the new album.

I don't think this'll happen, but it'd be nice.

Yes, that was their good sound. Epic and Empiricism sound good, but they don't have the luster that the older albums have.

Vortex has gotten lazy these days. It's Dimmu Borgosphere's fault, they made him lazy and got him used to hardly singing...

I don't believe that he's become lazy, but more that thanks to the tours with DB he really doesn't have time to do anything else. And when he does, he's too tired (or lazy, since he said that once) :p .

I would assume Dimmu is a full time job for Simen, especially if he's not highly motivated on his own. I'm also sure he makes more money relative to time invested in Dimmu than all his other potential projects combined (multiplied times one hundred).

Just gotta accept it might be a long time before he does another side project. Musicians want money to live a comfy life, too.

Nothing wrong with that. Not being a sellout doesn't pay. And I doubt he views it that way, anyway.

Would *I* be playing with Dimmu, singing backup vocals for a guy who sings 1/10th as good as I do to make good dough and get lots of honies? Probably not, but I'm not a rock star, so what the fuck do I know.

^ :lol: .

But then again, despite Dimmu being quite a pop band, they're still good at what they do. Some may hate them, but at least they make good music (I think they do).

It's hard for a musician to really make a living out of music itself (believe me, I know), so if Simen feels happy to be in Dimmu, well, what the fuck can we do? :p

Maybe Dimmu will take a break sometime, and that time will, hopefully, be used wisely by Simen.

Absolutely nothing. By the time they're done touring I'm sure they'll be ready to crank out another album.

Simen has no internet presence we're able to reach, all of our words, hopes, they all fall on deaf ears.

Ah crap :Smug: . It's highly unlikely that Dimmu will release a new album soon, but they do tour a lot.

The pressure is now on Jens.

Certainly, maybe he'll manage something. Go Jens, go!!! :kickass:

I gave up already.

It's probably why I haven't listened to Borknagar in months. I don't want to wear out the three good albums and handful of other good songs. :p