Is Lamb of God...Pantera wannabes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vocals for both bands are somewhat similar, and both bands incorporate a lot of groove into their sound. But the similarities end there. Pantera are MUCH blusier than LoG, and have that strong southern rock feel that LoG lacks. I'm not a big fan of either band.

Everone loves a LOG LOG!
Everyone wants a LOG!
It's better than bad it's GOOD!
LOG! LOG! LOG!

The vocals for both bands are somewhat similar, and both bands incorporate a lot of groove into their sound. But the similarities end there. Pantera are MUCH blusier than LoG, and have that strong southern rock feel that LoG lacks. I'm not a big fan of either band.

Yes, the whisper vocals that Randy Blythe done reminded me of Anselmo's. Later Lamb of God sounds some what like Pantera. The riffs for 11th Hour sounds pretty Pantera-ish.

Killswitch Engage fucking suck.

I remember trying to get into Killswitch Engage in early high school before I knew what metal was and I just couldn't do it. :lol: I still don't like that band.

Yes, the whisper vocals that Randy Blythe done reminded me of Anselmo's. Later Lamb of God sounds some what like Pantera. The riffs for 11th Hour sounds pretty Pantera-ish.

Killswitch Engage fucking suck.

Agreed, and Redneck is very Pantera-esque but there is a point to that, me and my friend think it's basically challenging Phil Anselmo to a fight or talking shit to him.

This is true. I love both, though. Good analysis. +1 for joo.

Reactions: Life Sucks
Everone loves a LOG LOG!
Everyone wants a LOG!
It's better than bad it's GOOD!
LOG! LOG! LOG!

renandstimpylog.jpg

:lol:

I hadn't heard LoG until recently and I have to admit that the first band that "popped up" in mind was Pantera. Sure, there are a lot of differences but I guess there's also a lot of similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.