Is LFDGD the album fo the year?!!

Originally posted by K-tonic
I listen mostly Katatonia, of course!
About CoB, Í live in Finland, so I´ve seen them live about 10 times... and in my opinion they just are boring. There isn´t any feelings or emotions in their music and their lyrics are crap!! Just too technical music for my taste, I guess.
Also Alexi is a major horse-ass as far as I know...

this made me think of that CoB song 'of decadence"-someone put it on a cd mix for me. it sounds like he is saying "come on motha fucka now gimme your pizza!"
(its really come on motha fucka now gimme your best shot")
:lol:

well,there is a great deal of albums,who are better than the Katatonia one......Sad but true and this is not only my opinion,it's also the results of a more subjective evaluation of the albums released this year....

subjectivity is all about personal opinions...i dont know how a subjective evaluation of albums would prove anything. but regardless, im all about keeping it subjective and in my subjective opinion LFDGD is the best that ive heard so far this year :).

Originally posted by K-tonic
I listen mostly Katatonia, of course!
About CoB, Í live in Finland, so I´ve seen them live about 10 times... and in my opinion they just are boring. There isn´t any feelings or emotions in their music and their lyrics are crap!! Just too technical music for my taste, I guess.
Also Alexi is a major horse-ass as far as I know...

Oh God, forgive him because he doesn´t know what he is saying....

There isn´t any feelings or emotions?? Their lyrics are crap??
ALEXI IS A MAJOR HORSE-ASS????!!!!!

:bah:

Well, no more things about the Gods CoB here.... there is a new board of this marvelous and awesome band in UltimateMetal.com....

I hate Children Of Suckdom! As for Last Fair Deal, I think it's a great album and there are at leat four songs I would rank among Katatonia's best. I'd put in somewhere in my top 15 of the year, and probably the year's best doom (I'll leave the genre specifications alone) release...sorry, I'm a huge prog-metal fan and it's been an exceptional year for the genre.

I think LFDGD is in the top ten. opeth blackwater park is up there too. The new emperor is my album of the year. dark funeral's new one is top ten. I just got the new enslaved and i'm going to have to pu that is there too. as well as evoken's quietus and cathedral's endtyme. Destroyer 666's new one as well. damn. its been a good year. my list would be somethig like this

emperor
(after this there is no order. can't decide)
enslaved
dark funeral
katatonia
opeth
destroyer 666
evoken
cathedral
borknagar
maybe zyklon?

i hate children of bodom too. i didn't mind hatebreeder but the new blows asshole.

Top 5 albums of the year, in order:

1. Katatonia- 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down'
2. Anathema- 'A Fine Day to Exit'

by ten miles, then

3. Emperor- 'Prometheus'
4. Dimmu Borgir- 'Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia'
5. Opeth- 'Blackwater Park'

It's been an amazing year for music. So yes, the Katatonia album is my favourite for the year.

Originally posted by Melancholia
well,there is a great deal of albums,who are better than the Katatonia one......Sad but true and this is not only my opinion,it's also the results of a more subjective evaluation of the albums released this year....

Originally posted by Evisceratrix
subjectivity is all about personal opinions...i dont know how a subjective evaluation of albums would prove anything.

:eek: :eek: have i written this???? this was the best lapsus/Freudian slip i've ever done....You are completely right Eviscaterix... The word i wanted to use was "objective" but i managed to fuck everything up without realising...grrrr my evil subconsicous has just striked! ; )

Godisanatheist Oh,I've just did......This can't be happeneing!! oh,I'm dying from shyness and shame.....
*goes hides herslf in her trollhouse*
:eek:

Originally posted by Melancholia

:eek: :eek: have i written this???? this was the best lapsus/Freudian slip i've ever done....You are completely right Eviscaterix... The word i wanted to use was "objective" but i managed to fuck everything up without realising...grrrr my evil subconsicous has just striked! ; )

Godisanatheist Oh,I've just did......This can't be happeneing!! oh,I'm dying from shyness and shame.....
*goes hides herslf in her trollhouse*
:eek:

ok! i thought that might be what you were after! sorry!
:loco:

I was disappointed with GHUA although not much since their three latest efforts had been quite bad too. Not enough thrash and too much hardcore shouting. They still kick ass live.

The new Katatonia is indeed the best album of the year, followed by the new Amorphis and Thought Industry. New Sigh is also one of the most excellent albums ever. The new Slayer sucks. Here's my top albums of 2001 list from my web-'zine, The Hellacron
(go here to see full comprehensive list)
http://www.hellacron.com/top_albums_of_2001.htm

1. Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
2. Amorphis - Am Universum
3. The Thought Industry - Shortwave on a Cold Day
4. Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape
5. GWAR - Violence Has Arrived
6. Dave Brockie Experience - Diarrhea of a Madman
7. Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell
8. Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper (Late February U.S. Release)
9. Entombed - Morning Star (Import)
10. Akercocke - The Goat of Mendes
11. Witchery - Symphony For the Devil
12. Kreator - Violent Revolution
13. Deicide - In Torment In Hell
14. Marduk - La Grande Danse Macabre
15. Amon Amarth - The Crusher
16. Gorguts - From Wisdom to Hate
17. Opeth - Blackwater Park
18. Darkane - Insanity
19. Kult ov Azazel - Triumph of Fire
20. Dark Funeral - Diabolis Interium
21. Krisiun - Ageless Venomous
22. Kataklysm - Epic (The Poetry of War)
23. Borknagar - Empiricism
24. Emperor - Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise
25. Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendant
26. Destruction - The Antichrist
27. Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin (Korean Import)
28. Soilwork - A Predator's Portrait
29. Tomahawk
30. Cadaver Inc. - Discipline

-'Evil' Vince
www.hellacron.com