Is Opeth Magnum opus behind or before them sissies ???

Feb 16, 2006
So wass' up bros' and sis' ???

D'y'all think that Opeth has already done their Sgt pepper or that they have a Dark Side of The Moon/ Master Of Puppets in them ( In Akerfeldt ) ?

I think that their body of work is already impressive but I really don't know .

Will Axenrot be able to equal Lopez' artistry on the kit is a major issue for me ...

I say they have a Powerslave in them.

So Niggaz, any opinions ??

And what about their St Anger ???

:headbang:

shitthread3st.jpg

I hate to say it, but despite this guy's slightly, err, should I say "non-metal" online persona, he's actually brought up one of the more relevant threads I've seen on this forum since first signing up.

In my own opinion, Opeth have already released some of their best stuff, but they are certainly maintaining their dignity and theres nothing to say they havn't got more brilliant albums to create.

Yeh but he writes like a knob, this isn't fucking msn or txt, write properly

their magnum opus is definitely behind them. in fact it's My Arms Your Hearse. not sure about their 'St. Anger', don't think they could sink that low...

Most would say Opeths pinnacle was at Still Life, and certainly around their 3, most widely regarded best albums, bwp sl and mayh. I dont think you can really qualify what Opeths 'Master of puppets' is neccassarily

Death_To_False_Metal said:
So wass' up bros' and sis' ???

D'y'all think that Opeth has already done their Sgt pepper or that they have a Dark Side of The Moon/ Master Of Puppets in them ( In Akerfeldt ) ?

I think that their body of work is already impressive but I really don't know .

Will Axenrot be able to equal Lopez' artistry on the kit is a major issue for me ...

I say they have a Powerslave in them.

So Niggaz, any opinions ??

And what about their St Anger ???

:headbang:

their peak for me is still life and after d1 and d2 i wasn´t sure opeth would ever get near SL again, then came GR and my faith´s been restored. Next album could be their new peak :kickass: