is re-amp box really a must?

shortlived

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2008
Hi, can't I just lower the output of the recorded DI track from line level to a guitar level and send it to the amp? I know the impedance is a lot lower but doesn't that make it even better? And there's one less box in the chain as well.

Thanks

My experience (from hearing clips) is that DI's "re-amped" without a re-amp box sound very flat and a bit harsh, because the impedance is so much lower than what the amp expects - just grab a Radial ProRMP and be done with it, it's an awesome unit

I also use ReAmp V.2 I guess I gonna make a shootout and leave it here just for future reference, to prove how much it sucks. The signal becomes saturated and boomy on a terrible way without a reamp box.

To interpret this thread another way, it's perfectly fine to just commit to guitar tones rather than always using a DI track and reamping

or a Reamp V2 Marcus ;-)... i use one and some guy called sneap does too, as well as a few other fellow engineers on the board :lol:

Yes, but I assumed price was an issue or the OP wouldn't be asking the question, hence my recommending the one half the price of the Reamp :D

narcossintese, I would be happy if you could post a clip. And thank you all for responses.

I also use ReAmp V.2 I guess I gonna make a shootout and leave it here just for future reference, to prove how much it sucks. The signal becomes saturated and boomy on a terrible way without a reamp box.

To interpret this thread another way, it's perfectly fine to just commit to guitar tones rather than always using a DI track and reamping

Yes. You don't need a DI box if you get it right the first time. Not just that, but if something "doesn't fit the mix", isn't it our responsibility to MAKE it fix the mix? You don't always have to reamp to make a tone fit the mix, get a good core sound and subtract/add some EQ to sculpt it just right.

Thank you sir! I suppose, with a guitar DI direct into distorted high gain amp would sound piercing as fuck. Maybe, for raw black metal that I am doin it would do just fine. Is it possible to post the comparison clips but with with the guitar this time? That would be really appreciated my friend!

thank you
Here it is. Just tracked a DI of "Party Hard" riff on bass. Reamped it using both ways through a Sansamp Bass Driver DI.

Chain 1 (direct)
Interface output -> BDDI -> Interface input

Chain 2 (reamped)
Interface output -> ReAmp V.2 -> BDDI -> Interface input

The difference is huge.

Hi, Metaltastic. Isn't sounding flat a good thing? I guess the harsh part can be tamed down with a nice 31 band graphic Eq unit that I have on hand?
thank you
My experience (from hearing clips) is that DI's "re-amped" without a re-amp box sound very flat and a bit harsh, because the impedance is so much lower than what the amp expects - just grab a Radial ProRMP and be done with it, it's an awesome unit

Nah, flat, as in lifeless and undynamic (meaning, not as much "whoomp" on palm mutes and such), and while the EQ might help, it still won't be the same

Ya dude, it will be perfect. We all just love wasting money on totally unnescessary things. Really, reamp boxes just make good paper weights.

Most people ask a question cause they need an answer to something they don't know.

Wow! I bought my ReAmp V.2 for US$ 99 (new) about 2 years ago. I thought it was a fixed price as the official site and the store that I bought had the same price. Now I went to the official site and it´s $189. WTF!!

Ya dude, it will be perfect. We all just love wasting money on totally unnescessary things. Really, reamp boxes just make good paper weights.

Most people ask a question cause they need an answer to something they don't know.

Hahahahahaha, or this :lol: