Is Rock Ok?

Pickslide

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2002
Doncaster , UK
Visit site
Im new here..So 1st off Hi everybody :) I play Rock/Metal Guitar and looking at the songs so far i see there mostly Maiden ..Does Anyone fancy doing anything a little down tempo from bands such as Def Leppard/ Bon Jovi? to name just 2?

Thanks

P

Welcome Pickslide.

I have a wide range of bands I like, as do most of the musicians here. What are some specific songs you have in mind?

I can't guarantee that someone here has the same taste in music as you but maybe your song suggestion will encourage others who might be put off by the amount of Maiden covers to join.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the original idea that Ec and Virus had in mind when they started this thing was for there to be musicians working on different styles etc...and having fun. As far as I am aware this isn't a metal only thing it's just that most ( noted exception... UIO LOL) of the musicians here were/are Maiden fans.

Hi Pickslide, welcome! :)

What Mr.Hyde said is correct. Whatver style you'd like to do is cool. You'll just need to find the players to record it. You should be ok, except maybe for drums. We're having a shortage of drummers right now, but maybe you can find a midi drum track to use?

Anyway, you can count on me for bass on those tunes. Those bass parts are pretty easy, so I'm sure I or Constantine could help you out with that.

Good Luck, and welcome again! :cool:

I'm down for old Def Leppard. Love it. I'm talkin pyromania or earlier. stuff after that requires too much mixing magic and effects. bleah.

Not big on Bon Jovi though..sorry. However I'm down for all kinds of other rock bands. :D

Thanks Guys.. What i need more than Anything else will be Bass & Vocals I know how hard it is to get real drummers , ive been trying to find one for years..but i can do some good grooves myself.. i dont mind Sharing Guitar Duties If anyone wants to Jump aboard.. I have a good setup Delta 1010 And logic Audio... And am quite adept at mixing.. Other Bands i would like to do would be Like Ac/Dc / Thunder / AeroSmith..

Anyway i got to Set my Pc up as a recording PC again and will be back with some Song Suggestions Soon..

Thanks for the warm Welcome

P :)

Thanks Guys.. What i need more than Anything else will be Bass & Vocals I know how hard it is to get real drummers , ive been trying to find one for years..but i can do some good grooves myself.. i dont mind Sharing Guitar Duties If anyone wants to Jump aboard.. I have a good setup Delta 1010 And logic Audio... And am quite adept at mixing.. Other Bands i would like to do would be Like Ac/Dc / Thunder / AeroSmith..

Anyway i got to Set my Pc up as a recording PC again and will be back with some Song Suggestions Soon..

Hey, welcome aboard!

I'll tackle anything anyone suggests, just as long as I can get standard notation for it. I can learn by ear, too, but I'll be more accurate with notation.
I'm up for anything, even the dreaded Maiden :O

I will also only post this message once ;)

Rocks cool with me! I love Bon Jovi, specially some of the newer stuff, and I'd love to have a crack at doing some vox! Let me know what you wanna do and I'll have a go! :)

Originally posted by oooarrr33
Rocks cool with me! I love Bon Jovi, specially some of the newer stuff, and I'd love to have a crack at doing some vox! Let me know what you wanna do and I'll have a go! :)

That would be real Cool.. I`ll Try and get something Started real Soon, Altho i dont know any of the most recent stuff.. Id be looking at Keep the faith Backwards really.. Let me know if there is anything in this period you would like to have a go at..

P