Is that all?

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
I've been to loads of gigs this year, and one thing I have noticed is how short sets bands play these days. This seems to be a more nu metal/ new band on the block thing. I have seen a couple of bands this year who have headlined and only played for 45 minutes! What sort of bollocks is that?!! If you haven't got enough material then you shouldn't headline, in my opinion anyway. Or at least bump your set out with covers or something.

Me and Sammi saw Nickelback in Manchester on sunday. They were superb, but played for little over an hour. And this is a band who have 3 albums of songs to choose from!

It just seems to me that bands now days just want your money, play an half arsed set, then bugger off. And you get no front men these days, no one that talks and entertains the crowd. Where have all the Biff's gone?

What we need are the old-school bands like Saxon, Maiden and AC\DC to show the youg pretenders. I see Rush are playing without support but are on stage for over three hours every night. Thats how to do it

To be honest the best gig I've been to this year was when I saw Gamma Ray in Germany. The support band Paragon did about 45 mins and Gamma Ray did almost 2 hours. It also seemed a lot better organised then the majority of UK gigs I go too. The worst organised being when I saw Iced Earth earlier this year.

originally posted by Black Lagoon
Get yourself to a BLAZE gig Pax. A new british METAL band who play for 2hrs plus every gig.

Blaze always give 100%!"

I remember when I saw them a few years ago in my home town and a club not bigger then a shed. It was heaving and one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

DIDNT SEE MANY BANDS THIS YEAR CHILD BEING BORN AND ALL THAT.BUT WILDHEARTS DID A SHIT HOT SET FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND TEN. BUT THEY DIDNT GO ON TILL LATE AS THE PA WAS FUCKED.STILL THEY SAID SORRY. MOST BANDS DONT GIVE A SHIT THESE DAYS. I FEEL A RIGHT OLD BASTARD WHEN I TELL YOUNG PUPS THAT BANDS PLAYED KIN AGES WHEN I WAS A LAD BUT ITS TRUE!