Is the TGCD vinyl flawed?

Brunnis

Mar 6, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
Visit site
I just bought TGCD on vinyl, but I'm having a bit of a problem with it. The thing is that when I play the first side of the first disc, I get a lot of hissing noise in the right channel. It's sort of like an old vinyl can sound, even though this one is brand new. Anyway, the company that I bought it from says that it may be a manufacturing defect that plagues all of the TGCD vinyls (yeah, not very likely...), so I thought I'd ask someone who has it: Do you have a problem with a pretty loud hiss in one of the channels when listening to this record? It's very obvious inbetween songs and also heard in slower parts of the songs.

I need to hear from a few owners of this vinyl, so that I can forward this to the company I got it from. Thanks for helping me out!

well i must say that i have some problem with mine ... i got it brandy new plastic sealed and still it keeps annoying me as it repeats a lot of parts.. and works as a scratched disc ... i just turned to think that it might be more sensible .. or stuff like that.. cuz my vinyl player can handle almost any old school vinyl .. .. so i thought that i maybe had to change the needle or something cuz the vinyl itself could requeire a better equipament than any other regular vinyl.. don't know.. it has no scratches. but keeps on getting stucked often . :\

almost a year since i got it.. so i know there's nothing to do.. i've been hopeless about buying vinyls and stuff recently.. as i spent some good money on breeding death + resurrection through carnage vinyls and they never arrived on my home ( ordered it in november. ) so i quitted my plans on getting tonights decision and lfdgd as well..

ah fuck life .

Hmm, mine plays perfect. I have number 7 though....and usually the first few hundred or so play the best "they say". So idk...maybe yours was just the unlucky pick of the draw?