Is there a Slayer Tribute band in the LA Area?

Bostic

New Metal Member
Jun 19, 2002
Sunnyvale, CA
www.teclipse.com
I'm thinking of forming a Slayer tribute band as a side project. I have searched around and have not found any info on one in the LA area. I'm up in the Bay Area but it would be nice to make a trip down to LA and do some shows with other tribute bands that play and love the music I grew up with like Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth.

We have no Slayer tributes.

I'm still waiting for an all-female tribute to Venom. :devil:

A lot of my friends have talked about how kewl it would be to form a Slayer tribute band, but so far none has materialized. The living breathing band is still touring like a muthafukkah, but having a Slayer tribute would definitely add much to the local thrash/speed metal tribute shows. Hangar 18, the local megadeth tribute (oh yeah, and my new band), would gladly exchange SoCali for NorCali gigs. That would rule!

If anyone knows of anyone in the Bay Area, I'm going to try and get this going. Minor setback tonight. The band I share a rehearsal studio with is bailing to a cheaper location so now I have to find a new location to practice. Anyone who has ever shared a studio with another band knows the worries of "are they going to mess with my gear while I'm not around" syndrome.

Well you know someone had approached me at the maiden open Jam. Saying how much they though I looked like Jeff and how I should start a Slayer tribute band. They even gave me there number and said they could help me get it going. So I came home and learned a couple of songs. But My heart was just not in it. Although I'd love to be in a band. Slayer is just not what I picture myself doing. I was never a Big fan of Slayer and therefore I just can't motivate myself to doing it. I do think that it would be one heck of a tribute band though. I mean I think it might become second most popular next to the maidens. No offense to Creeping death or Hanger 18. Its just from my experience growing up. Slayer fans are some of the most hard core I have ever met.

So I think you guys should definanatly get one going and come down here to so cal and do a whole lot of shows.

There's a new all girl Metalica tribute band in San Bernadino forming called "Vaginaca". I hear they'll be playing soon and will be out here sometime before summer. They've got some sort of conection with KCAL so it should be really cool.