LA-based "Bruces" out there...

NoEffenPicks

Dec 14, 2004
Hey all. First off sorry in advance if this post seems out of order here on the Maiden's forum. I did write in advance to ask permission to post this thread.

As some of you may recall in the recent "Little Dolls" thread, I'm in an LA Maiden tribute, Maiden-LA, that just opened up for the Dolls 2 weeks ago. This was our second gig and it went very well. The band is definitely a very solid tribute and hopes to measure up to the bar set by Maiden and the Maidens here in Socal. With that said, we knew our weekest link was our frontman. As solid as the band can get, we felt we were being held back by a lack of committment and view point from our singer.

So without going too far forward in the scene and making all of our "first impressions", we attempted to discuss our issues with our vocalist. Before even getting to sit down and discuss it, his response was "I quit." Great! Good now we don't have to deal with the drama of firing him.

The "band" gets along famously and we're all surprised at how well we mesh together without drama and all work hard at our roles.

Now with that long-winded history out on the page, I want to state that we're actively looking for our ideal Bruce. First and foremost, we're doing this for the fun, the challenge and the pleasure of playing Maiden. Several of our members are married, and we all have "day" jobs/careers outside of our tribute band. However, we take the band seriously and each member comes prepared with their parts learned and the ability to work together as a team.

So it ANYONE out here knows or thinks a friend may know the perfect Bruce in the LA area, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers!

Why don't you go get a chick to sing for ya? You could even look for serious singer at vocal training class over in a community college; Just my 2 cents. I remember this guy that wanted me to play for "His band", he turned out to be a jerk, and so I had no time for "his band :lol: ".

I feel your pain, I've had to fire a few singers because they didn't live up to our expectations. They will hold back the band and a lot of people will judge the band by the singer, so you're making the right call.

I agree to both comments. The singer is truly the "voice" of the entire band. If that person doesn't represent you well on stage and by their actions, then it makes the whole band look bad.

It certainly is a tall order to ask of someone. Nail Bruce's vocals, have supreme confidence and engage the crowd like an oscar-winning actor.

We'll see what comes up!

Well thanks for the overwhelming response to this thread! :Smug:

Anyway, the good news is we have a new singer... Rod (who happens to be a friend of the maidens gals (who ain't!)... small world eh?) AND he's no stranger to Maiden tributes! (Been in 3 previous projects, the most noteworthy of whichwas the original Powerslave tribute that gigged in a LA a few years back.) Anyway, Maiden-LA's first gig is thus far planned for May 20th at 14 Below in Santa Monica.

Anyone curious to hear what the "Boys" are upto... drop on down!

Linda/Sara, any upcoming Dolls shows, be sure to let us know. Could be a fun double bill again!

Cheers and Up the Irons!