Is this album-ready? Need your ears...

SkyMan666

How do record? \O_o/
Feb 7, 2008
Hey there guys.

Just wanted to let you know, I've added new song to my Soundclick profile. Feel free to check it out. This is actually quite rough mix.

I've used the Line 6's Peavey 5150II amsim with Revalver MK II 4x12 5150 impulse and real 5150 II with 5150 cabinet. I've put the SM57 on-axis (Fredman tehnique). There are 8 tracks of guitars (4 amp sim and 4 real 5150 II ). I've forget settings of 5150, because I've rented it from a friend of mine, so don't ask me for those. I have a short-term memory loss :D .
Drums have been played (TD-20) through Superior 1. No sample replacement this time, too. I've grown tired of oversampled drums. This is more I like.

Tell me how does it sound.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6906981 ---> Beneath my Skin

Mix sounds good

guitars sound good to me (8 TRACKS??:S)
id put a little less reverb or room sound in that snare and make it more "in your face"
bring down the drum kit just a little
id change the kick sample

the guitars are very abrasive...or there's something goin on there, too much highs. my ears are hurtin
i'm listening on headphones mind you

Hey guys. Thanx for inputs.

Drums are too loud? Well, maybe you're right. Till now the guitars were always way to much in front. I've listened that mix on several different sources and perhaps 1-2 dB less drums wouldn't hurt (much).

Eeee, sorry for noob question.... I'm not that good in English.... Could you explain me, what "abrasive" means, or what did you mean by abrasive guitars... Thanx.

Thanx again. Anyone else? :)

Cheers, SkyMan

i'm not really sure if it's the guitars or the whole mix, but there's too many highs
that's what i mean by abrasive