Isis?

hey thats mean fuk uu

About Neurosis, as a recent fan I'd recommend Give to the Rising and Through Silver in Blood.

Isis >>>> Neurosis btw.

Aaam a meen guy, guy!

Yeah, we're all going to disagree about which we prefer.. But to Molag Bal.. My advice is to download the albums mentioned, and an album or two of the other bands mentioned, then go get.. I dunno.. A good few ounces of bud... press play and enjoy your multiple ear orgasms!

Just saying they are pioneers in the genre and should be respected instead of being aimlessly compared to similar bands. We will all have different opinions, but saying Isis is so much better than Neurosis is stupid.

Yeah I was clearly disrespecting Neurosis by saying that Isis is better, and prefering a band over another is really really stupid, because this isn't a forum and GOD forbid us from comparing bands because that's pure disrespect, you can never say that any rock band is better than Buddy Holly or whoever invented rock'n'roll because that's DISRESPECT, a CRIME.

You are such a fucking retard.

I'm saying you could have said "In my opinion Isis is better than Neurosis" or some other form of that statement, instead of saying "Isis >>>> Neurosis btw" like it is some kind of overblown fact. Comparing bands is all well and good, but stating your opinion in such a crude way seems kind of silly.

lmao k I get it, replacing ''>>>>>'' with ''in my opinion they are much better'' changes everything. Attention everyone, don't forget to include imo in the end of every post you make.

^ Isis are certainly a dam good band, but no way is Wavering Radiant the best album of 09. Not even close. Imo, there best works were/are Oceanic and Panopticon.

^ Isis are certainly a dam good band, but no way is Wavering Radiant the best album of 09. Not even close. Imo, there best works were/are Oceanic and Panopticon.

2009 doesn't offer Isis much competition yet so it's not that ridiculous a statement. A lot of people enjoy the new album more than Panopticon simply because it's more consistent whereas Panopticon is godly for the first 4 songs then forgettable after that.

but wavering radiant was a gigantic letdown in the face of albums like memoria vetusta ii, crack the skye, the june frost, and gin. thus it's not the best of 09 by a long shot ttytt

and basically oceanic/panopticon are their best, in the absense of truth and wavering radiant dont hold a candle to those two.

and tbph neurosis has been more consistent than isis throughout their entire career

Eh, a lot of people liked the new Isis, and some people don't like some of those other bands. It's still feasible that it could be at the top of someone's list unlike albums like the new Dream Theater or the new Funeral Mist or w/e. I mean I like MV2 and June Frost a lil better myself right now but...just sayin.

I enjoyed the new funeral mist but that's not to say that it wasn't a big disappointment after the masterful "salvation". here's to hoping the new dso, whenever that may be released, is a worthy follow-up to fas. fuck knows chaining the katechon raped.

Well yea I enjoyed the new funeral mist a bit too actually but you go over to other forums and you'd think it was the st. anger of black metal.

Well yea I enjoyed the new funeral mist a bit too actually but you go over to other forums and you'd think it was the st. anger of black metal.

I've seen that too but it's the big old argument of whether "orthodox black metal" is "true black metal". People do it with DsO, Ofermod, Ondskapt, Watain etc too.

I like Wavering Radiant. It doesn't move me like Oceanic and Panopticon that's all I'm saying. As far as being the "best of 2009", like I said It's not even close to the releases of, 1) Cobalt-Gin, 2) Memoria Vetusta Dialogue with the Stars-BAN, 3)Mournful Congregation-The June Frost, 4) Ea-II,5)Solstafir-Kold, 6) Mono-Hymn To The Immortal Wind,7) Mastadon-Crack The Skye,8)Devin Townsend Project-Ki and Forsaken-After The Fall. Don't blow a gasket, but WR is not in the same league as these albums. Remember, 09 is not over. I don't know how, but I forgot-Maudlin of the Well-Part The Second. Another excellent one for 09.