Isolato

infoterror

Apr 17, 2005
noun.
(a) one who lives on an island
(b) one whose existence is defined by isolation

hlarge4yh.jpg

Well I think about socks every 3 minutes!

Edit: And another thing. The woman in that picture is in need of a more supportive bra.

It seems to be about how you can feel alone even when you are in a crowd of people, because you have so little in common with them.

Herein it is the same with the American whale fishery as with the American army and military and merchant navies, and the engineering forces employed in the construction of the American Canals and Railroads. The same, I say, because in all these cases the native American liberally provides the brains, the rest of the world as generously supplying the muscles. No small number of these whaling seamen belong to the Azores, where the outward bound Nantucket whalers frequently touch to augment their crews from the hardy peasants of those rocky shores. In like manner, the Greenland whalers sailing out of Hull or London, put in at the Shetland Islands, to receive the full complement of their crew. Upon the passage homewards, they drop them there again. How it is, there is no telling, but Islanders seem to make the best whalemen. They were nearly all Islanders in the Pequod, Isolatoes too, I call such, not acknowledging the common continent of men, but each Isolato living on a separate continent of his own. Yet now, federated along one keel, what a set these Isolatoes were!
- Moby-Dick

Passive fields. January two thousand and twelve.
A nation that stands alone.
Cold voices, faces pale,
gathered unto their judgement day.
Such pride remains unbroken.
Such words remain unspoken.
Just mothers to stand in vain and cry.
Tears and medals in the rain.
Shall I recall when justice did prevail?
No reason to be found why reason did fail.
The all clear resounding.
The way was clear to rebuild this land.
Shall I call on you to guide me well,
to see our hopes and dreams fulfilled?
On this day of our ascension.

Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for.
For our spirit and laws and ways.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
For heaven or hell we shall not wait.
Shall I think of honour as lies
or lament it's aged slow demise?
Shall I stand as a total stranger
on this day in this stone chamber?

The all clear resounding.
The way was clear to rebuild this land.
Shall I call on you to guide me well.
To see our hopes and dreams fulfilled.
On this day of our ascension,
on this day we praise the fallen.

Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for.
For our spirit and laws and ways.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
For heaven or hell we shall not wait.

Paranoia/mystical feelings can isolate us. Only heroes join the infinite.

...and there are few

I have always felt isolated and very misunderstood by most people in interact with even though at the core of my persona I am a happy, nice, sharing and generous person, its my thoughts and interests that isolate me. Very few like to talk about philosophy, politics and spirituality. Most people are concerned with the last episode of the OC and American Idol. Being one who listens to metal is also very alienating to people who don't get 'it'.

Silver Incubus said:
I have always felt isolated and very misunderstood by most people in interact with even though at the core of my persona I am a happy, nice, sharing and generous person, its my thoughts and interests that isolate me. Very few like to talk about philosophy, politics and spirituality.

I know; it's like being from another species. "Humans are interested in: television, fornication, material goods, status. Post-humans are interested in: ideas, experiences, beliefs. Some are obsessed with exterminating all humans."

Nietzsche has a lot to say about this in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra". His essential point is: "man must be overcome".

"My brother ,do you want to go apart and be alone? Do you want to seek the way to yourself?"
"'He who seeks may easily get lost himself. It is a crime to go apart and be alone' thus speaks the herd." You will say "we no longer have the same conscience, you and I".
"Do you call yourself free? I want to hear your ruling idea, and not that you have escaped a yoke".

"You compel many to change their opinion about you; they hold that very much against you. You approached them and yet went on past them: that they will never forgive you. You go above and beyond them, but the higher you climb the smaller you appear to the eye of envy. And he who flies is hated most of all."

"They throw injustice and dirt at the solitary: but, my brother, if you want to be a star, you must shine none the less brightly for them on that account! And be on your guard against the good and just! They would like to crucify those who devise their own virtue - they hate the solitary."