Do you have a word that you use to much?

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I use the words Gay, Faggot and my pals all the time, which is a terrible habit, because I am extremely non Homophobic or Racist.

They are just good sounding cursing words or insults, like this is gay, and you are a faggot, and my pals.

It's almost funny sounding.

But I never say these things in public.

my pals isn't a racist word.

It actually means "lazy".

my pals isn't a racist word.
It actually means "lazy".
It's a racist word because its a racist word. The original or dictionary meaning is worthless, if people take offence then people take offence. In most cases people are offended simply by the use of a known 'racist'/'sexist'/etc word, not by the meaning or the word itself. If that makes sense....

I go through heaps of stages with my words, i say 'interesting' a lot, i say 'yeh?' to almost everything anyone says on internet (when chatting i mean), etc.

I tend to find that I use certain words for certain types of people.
I used to swear a lot (and probably still do;) ), but now I have a lot of Christian friends, so I have to hold my tongue a bit :p

Instead of fuck, I use bugger a lot, as in '...bugger that for a joke' and 'well, bugger me sideways!'.
Clown is another word that I euphemise.
I guess it all comes from listening to certain comedy acts (For the aussies here, The Twelth Man gets quoted ad nauseum around here, the parodical names are hilarious :D )

Then of course, we all have the 'yeah' and little noises we make when someone is talking to us. I consciously try not to do it, but I lose concentration, and it comes too easily.

typ? that's that? there's a german word as well and it means something like "guy" in common language.
i am not aware of words i use too often except those filling words and sounds like "well", "uhm", and so on

That u-huh sound. Like "I can deal with this, u-huh." I use quite and obviously a lot. I call way too many people dude or man. :rolleyes:

The number one word I use too much in speech and in writing is like. "I was like, "Have you ever heard of Opeth?" and they was like, "Yeah, dude. They're incredible!"

"Depravity from the core.
Hand carved death in stone laden aisles."

i call everyone "dude"
i even called my manager dude once! he laughed :)
"buddy" is always a great alternative to dude.
and things are always "sweet"
for some reason i always tell people to "piss off" when i don't actually mean it... but i say it in a nice way! :)

for example, i'm meeting a friend's friend for the first time: "Piss off, dude. Your buddy is sweet."

ok, i'd never actually say something like that, but it gets the point across. :lol:

You know you have a problem when your son starts calling everyone and the pet dog "bunny." l:p

I also say "geeez" a lot, and "hijo de la gran puta" and "caraho."

I say "brilliant" far too often. And "genius". Although none of these words seem to be used in excess when in reference to Opeth, Swano, or garm.

Kittarin: i call everyone "dude" Sweet. That's all due to that little silly fat ass Eric Cartman for me of course. :D I use mang and esse too. hehe

"piss off" when i don't actually mean it... but i say it in a nice way! :) Like I'd use (this is an odd one) "fuck me" when I'm really surprised or I hurt myself somehow. :lol: Weird, eh?

"It is getting dark again.
Dusk shuffle across the fields.
The evening trees moan as if they knew."

"This makes me sound like such a bitch!!
Jayde! Gimme some bitchslapping! >:eek:P"

Well, since you asked......ummmmmmm........::bitch slaps you::....errrrr....that's all, bitch. :)

I use sounds like gee and oh quite a lot in the board.
I also tend to use many smilies.

In real life though, I don't over-use any words.

I used to say jesus way to much. It was my sentence beginner. And a general exclamation. I don't use it so much anymore.