How do you pronounce the name Opeth?

if you were ever to hear them live, you will hear Mikael say it. And I'm pretty sure that it was right.

yeah i was discussing music(so of course i had to haha) with some guy and i brought up opeth, and he goes, yeah i dont like girl singers that much...............im like what the fucks wrong with you theres no girl singer, and he goes oh right man i meant otep, hahaha retard

yeah i was discussing music(so of course i had to haha) with some guy and i brought up opeth, and he goes, yeah i dont like girl singers that much...............im like what the fucks wrong with you theres no girl singer, and he goes oh right man i meant otep, hahaha retard

Coil has a girl singer in it.:p

Go me ^_^.

Another thing, (a topic different from this), on Porcelain Heart, is that the first time Mikeal has used a real acoustic guitar?
You can hear his fingers sliding/scratching on the strings after some notes, and thats a first i think for any Opeth song
I went back to listen to Damnation and not once did i hear any screeching of the guitar strings.
But i think even Damnations acoustics were done on a electric guitar as always.
But i do think the true blue acoustic guitar on this new song is a first for Opeth if im not mistaken.
(honestly the screeching of his fingers sliding on the strings gets on my nerves so bad, i liked it better when they use a electric guitar to sound acoustic cuz it cuts out that sound).

Back To the topic tho.
Yeah the otep thing has happened to me to...
Did you know her name is actually Otep tho? Her mother named her that because its a scrambled up version of the word Poet. Intrsting huh?
And she actually does 'def poetry jam'-ish poems and poem reading to audiences on the side. Too bad she actually rarely incorperates it into her music, she's amazing at poems and stuff.

ONE MORE THING:
Does the man on the watershed cover have a pony-tail or not? I can't decide...with a alot closer look, i dont think he does, which dissapoints me, because i woulda pictured this cover setting for like the old english type of times where all guys have pony tails, but if this guy doesnt have one, it makes it seem more modern, which kinda throws off the setting i started to think of for this albulm. (Boo to opeth for putting someone on the front of the albulm :(...it's so confusing for me. + it woulda fit a whole hell lot better on Ghost Reveries since Reveries means something like "Diary" or "Letters")

^ Errr..... a HUGE no. ;) You should be able to hear the difference between a clean electric guitar and an acoustic. They sound completely different, e.g. Windowpane starts with a clean electric whereas Closure starts with an acoustic. There are many occasions where you hear string squeaks too if I recall correctly.

Btw, I tend to love those squeaks, if not too much. They just give a real crisp authenticity in my opinion.

Go me ^_^.

Another thing, (a topic different from this), on Porcelain Heart, is that the first time Mikeal has used a real acoustic guitar?
You can hear his fingers sliding/scratching on the strings after some notes, and thats a first i think for any Opeth song
I went back to listen to Damnation and not once did i hear any screeching of the guitar strings.
But i think even Damnations acoustics were done on a electric guitar as always.
But i do think the true blue acoustic guitar on this new song is a first for Opeth if im not mistaken.
(honestly the screeching of his fingers sliding on the strings gets on my nerves so bad, i liked it better when they use a electric guitar to sound acoustic cuz it cuts out that sound).

Back To the topic tho.

Umm I'm pretty sure I've heard slide/scratch/screech before on Opeth albums though I cannot recall where. I don't understand why people don't like it though, just like how people think the first albums need more production, makes it sound more 'real' if you get me. Get used to the sound:p

^ \m/

I just had a quick sweep through Damnation. You can hear the typical acoustic fretbuzz in Death Whispered a Lullaby around two thirds of the way through. The squeaks you can also hear when they're playing on the electric, for example in Hope Leaves. I was actually looking for a particularly squeaky sound that I remember pierces my head everytime I put the cd in my car stereo. Can't remember whether its from Amnation or some other album. I think it's Damnation though.