How do you pronounce 'Skellefteå'?

so in northern parts Umeå is pronounced Umeh?

It´s kind of a dialect question,many names are shortened down when you speak norrländska,like Umeå;Ume,Luleå;Lule,Piteå;Pite and so on. Where i live we also sometimes skip and change letters in the middle of the words,like Tornedalen;Tornedarn.

Well i dont know how deux sounds like but eurnschéuldsvic would be quite close,maybe eurnschéuldsviic,it translates to Eagleshieldsbay btw :)

the few swedish that i've learned comes from vintersorg's songs :lol:
:D

it must be a horror to learn german as foreign language. but my mother was a good teacher. ;)

@ mattson:
"deux" is pronounced "dø", but short. (im to lazy to torture my keyboard for a swedish ø now)
i like the name of your town.:)

Now that I know a little about swedish I feel so ashamed when I remember the first time that I heard the band (well, was Otyg first, then Vintersorg) and I often spelled all song names in a blasphemous way :rofl:

On those times, I searched the lyrics and obviously I didn't understood anything. I didn't know the meaning of the lyrics - thing that I hated - so when I tried to sing a song I was wroting the literal spelling of the words - word-per-word like:

Till Fjälls = spanish Til Fiéls

Was embarassing XD

Souns like native american names.

Yup - they are. Many city and town names, including 'Seattle', are really bastardized names taken from the various indigenous populations in North America.

Sequim is in Washington State, and is a word from the S'Klallam tribe. It means 'quiet waters'. It's pronounced 'Squim'.

Oconomowoc is in Wisconsin State, and it's taken from the Potawatomi tribe, which has a sizeable population there. It roughly means 'river of lakes', and is pronounced 'O-CA-na-ma-wac'. (It also doesn't help that Wisconsinites have a really nasal accent, and basically sound like drunk Canadians. Some even have a 'singsong' pitch, as if they're imitating Norwegians. Which, in essence, if they're Scandinavian-American, they probably are. :) )

I´ll give anyone who can pronounce my towns name a popsicle,Örnsköldsvik.

You owe me a popsicle! Or are Swedes prohibited from entering?

On those times, I searched the lyrics and obviously I didn't understood anything. I didn't know the meaning of the lyrics - thing that I hated - so when I tried to sing a song I was wroting the literal spelling of the words - word-per-word like:

Till Fjälls = spanish Til Fiéls

Was embarassing XD

Hah ha, I know that one. When I saw Vintersorg back 2003-04 and he sang Till Fjälls it sounded really much like the Danish Dit Fjols (= you dumbass)... We were drunk and had a lot of fun with that. :lol: