ISP Decimator G String V's ISP Decimator? Worth the extra $?

I had the rackmount Decimator which is basically the same as the G String version and it introduced MORE noise into my signal because it creates a ground loop by plugging straight into it and sending the FX send of your amp into it as well. You need to remove the ground on one of your cables or buy an in-line ground lift... I'm assuming the pedal probably does the same... I think you'd be fine with the regular pedal.

Looks like a compromise between the standard decimator and the Pro-Rack G; I guess that doesn't help you much, but it's the first I've seen of it, and I always like the middle-ground option (especially when the standard decimator is like $180 and the Pro Rack G is what, $600? :ill: )

I've never had a ground loop with my pro rack g.... Ground loops can be caused by many different things, anything in the guitar chain could cause them. I wouldn't be too worried about that.

If you have noise in the front of your amp, and the preamp, the G versions of the Decimator are the way to go. Works flawless.

Cheers guys. That's weird about the noise Forbidden. You'd have thought that they would have seen the possibility of that problem. Might just get the original standard one.

Thanks again. :headbang:

EDIT: didn't see your reply Wolfeman before I posted. I really only want to kill the noise from the OD pedal in front of the amp so maybe the standard will still do the trick. Can't wait for the Gutierrez into Herbert clips.

Isn't the NS-2 just as effective and cheaper if you are just putting it in front of an OD pedal?

Far from the same. The way the Decimator works is a bit different, works more as like a filter instead of just simply a 'I'll shut off when the sound gets below this level' kinda noise gate like the Boss is.... The decimator actively tracks what's coming through it and reacts accordingly. Ask anyone that owns one, they are by far the best on the market and worth every penny. Also note that the NS-2 is a noise gate, while the Decimator is a noise 'reduction' system.