Issue with the final mix of Domination?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Has anyone else noticed a very audible click at around the 3:25 mark (shortly after the solo begins) on "Domination"? I had originally heard this when the MP3s leaked, but assumed it was only an issue with the rip. I was surprised to see it's still present on the retail disc.

Zod

Yeah it's there, I thought it was my headphones at first. Something missed in the mastering process? Oh well, doesn't taint a great song :p

Awww man.....I thought it was just a rip mess up with the leaked version. I was really looking forward to the actual cd not doing that. I don't see how anyone can't notice that glitch either, it is so noticeable.

Awww man.....I thought it was just a rip mess up with the leaked version. I was really looking forward to the actual cd not doing that. I don't see how anyone can't notice that glitch either, it is so noticeable.
Agreed. It's fairly prominant. It's not as if you have to have headphones on and be listening closely to catch it.

Zod

Damn. Glad I knew this ahead of time or else I'd be in a shit rage like I was when I found my V cd was defective.

What about the other sounds that build up the actual song? If you listen very carefully you can hear them.

What I'm trying to say that there are similiar unwanted clicks in every album released so far in this world. Some are very audible and some are not. Nevertheless I see the final song as a process that started from the idea of a song and went through the phases of composing, playing, recording, editing, mixing and mastering.

I remember that one Queensrÿche song had an audible click that was removed in the new remastered edition. They didn't sell as much.

(tried to be funny)

I actually hadn't noticed it before. Now I checked it and yeah, it's definetly there. Not that I really care though.

I noticed that, too. Much easier to hear with headphones. It isn't that big of a deal, though. They make up for it in the section where Romeo plays that REALLY dissonant chord and Lepond and Pinnella have that awesome bass/piano line.

Sadly during the mastering process, a bunch of guys from Inside Out were there, and one of their heads just exploded. He couldn't handle it - the album was simply too good, and it killed him. What you hear there is the muted sound of a horrific cranial blowout. There was cortex all over the mixer.

Sadly during the mastering process, a bunch of guys from Inside Out were there, and one of their heads just exploded. He couldn't handle it - the album was simply too good, and it killed him. What you hear there is the muted sound of a horrific cranial blowout. There was cortex all over the mixer.

That just has to be true.

:lol:

Could you imagine being the studio's janitor? "Guys, found a little more of the occipital lobe over here..."

Sounds more to me like the pick sound against a string. Maybe it's audible because the guitar track is doubled and panned to the left and right channel with a slight delay to create an increased stereo effect and you hear the right channel a few milliseconds before the left.