Istanbul gig

ghost of the sun,sweet nurse,teargas,the future of speech,tonight's music, for my deamons,i am nothing,sleeper,complicity,evidence,chrome.. mainly viva emptiness playlist ! this was ok cause they're back again in istanbul after the new album..
surprisingly jonas was fully awake and alive when singing..in prior istanbul gigs he was totally covering his head trying to hide himself behind the microphone..beating his leg..but this time he even talked to the crowd..:) he dedicated sweet nurse to all the beautiful girls in the audience .. this was a surprising move!! :))

the show was great..they didnt have so much time so they did best they can do..
anders was again awasome..actually all band members was really rocking!!!...
the hour they are on stage was cool too.. it was one of those lavender colored sky and full moon on background times.. but i dont know why maybe its just because of the festival mood, it was quite lack of deep emotions and feelings for myself.. but i'm a great fan and no problem with that , any time anywhere we can clung on melancholy.. cheers!

even though they played most of songs from the viva ,even though they played "sweet nurse" even though the sound system is ear fucking even though i like jonas mood in the first gig (hiding his face) much than the new show(jumping,screaming,headbanging);the gig was great

hmmm even though i have sent lots of e-mails about playing murder and they did not and mocking me by playing "sweet nurse"

hrrrrrr!!!!

:(

worth to mention...

the turkish engineers cut the gig short and put on some music in the PA just as we thought we were gonna go on and do an encore incl "murder"... we were very pissed cuz it looked like we cheated our fans...

And then there were some asshole black metallers yelling "Marduk!" and "Gay metal!" during the Katatonia concert. Anyway, this was the first time I saw Katatonia live, so it was quite an experience for me. Btw Blakkheim thanks for the sig. I wanted to chat longer but the security didn't let.

Blakkheim said:
worth to mention...

the turkish engineers cut the gig short and put on some music in the PA just as we thought we were gonna go on and do an encore incl "murder"... we were very pissed cuz it looked like we cheated our fans...
fuckin' engineers! a friend of mine was dying to hear Deadhouse :cry:

Concert was great. I was going to cry. I left my soul there :)
BUT! I was going to murder Marduk Fans. They almost ruined the concert. however we shouted louder than those shitty marduk fans.

i think jonas was feeling a lot better in comparison to previous concert. in the first gig he was like ' just leave me alone, i'll sing my stuff and go '. but this time he even had some dialogue with the crowd (which is quite an improvement :)).
it was a sharp, short and good show. i liked it. the setlist could include some more old stuff. but who cares? it is over now.

and about the marduk fans :

i also wanted to see marduk but i dont think those people are into marduk and music. and they just came there to spoil things and nothing else. there was nothing to blame on katatonia and their fans. go home wannabe black metallers.

Blackmetallers are often very closeminded, and juvenile. I was heavy into blackmetal in the early to late 90's and found myself with 2 inverted crosses tattood on me and a drug habit that I couldnt beat, no family, friends didnt want to hang anymore etc. I found it was all about my "blackmetal" attitude. I took that shit really seriously simply because it was what I thought defined me. I was an anti-sheep, fuck your trends kind of guy and in my being different I was the same as tons of other "blackmetal" kids. Its a trend to act that way, someday they will grow up in their attitudes, just like I did. But fuck them anyway for disrespecting Katatonia.

I definitely agree with you. and i know they don't have the balls to get an inverted cross tattoo on their body. if they are so committed to black metal then they should go and live with satan or burn themselves...
i personally like black metal but i know that the corpsepaint thing and all the other stuff are just parts of the show. but those people get it serious (somehow) and they know that festival is the only place that people are willing to keep up with them...so they use it. simple.

Its funny how you worded that because I cut the first inverted cross in my upper arm and rubbed ink in it, then I burned around it with a torch hot knife (haha). The second one takes up a large part of my forearm.
I also love blackmetal but some of the attutudes associated with it are rediculous, like lets be assholes because thats what True blackmetallers do!
Ha, what a joke

man...that must have been painful! I'm sure i cant even bare looking at it. i hate the idea of surgery, blood and gore metal.

I'm sure black metal musicians are more proper people than some black metal fans imagine. I bet they get up, eat the breakfast, turn on the Tv, watch some morning show like any ordinary person would do. and then go in to studio, scream out 'lucifer' hahah! anyway...I love black metal music.

There was a girl by me while I was watching the band(actually I was trying to watch because of her!) and she fucked my ears with her disgusting screams :yuk: :loco:

Anyway,the band wasn't as good as I expected..I couldn't feel anything,no passion,no excitement..nothing flowed through my heart..I don't know why but it may be because they didn't play any old stuff or they weren't warm enough( at least for me)...They didn't seem to be one with the crowd..my friends told me "of course they wouldn't play Without God kind of records.." I'm still sad about it because they're among the bands I greatly admire.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: