It is Time!

Rick Pierpont

Odin's Court Guitar
Oct 1, 2003
Morrisville, NC
www.myspace.com
Wow! I can't believe how fast time has been moving since I found out we were bestowed the honor of playing BAR Fest! I personally have been preparing for this weekend for a while, but now it is time. Time for everything to come together. Matt and Nicki are on their way to my house right now, because we leave in the morning for the airport!!! We have a little stop on the way out there to make for a couple of days, but we are on our way! The rest of the OC guys are landing within 15 minutes of Matt, Nicki, Barb, and myself on Friday early afternoon!

This is a very exciting time for me, the rest of OC, and I think I can safely say, the other bands, David, our fearless leader, and all those others that have been right by his side helping with this event! People have been asking for a ProgPower like event out West for some time now. David and the rest are making it happen! You guys ROCK!!! I can't wait to see everyone in a few days (some sooner)!!

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

Wow! I can't believe how fast time has been moving since I found out we were bestowed the honor of playing BAR Fest! I personally have been preparing for this weekend for a while, but now it is time. Time for everything to come together. Matt and Nicki are on their way to my house right now, because we leave in the morning for the airport!!! We have a little stop on the way out there to make for a couple of days, but we are on our way! The rest of the OC guys are landing within 15 minutes of Matt, Nicki, Barb, and myself on Friday early afternoon!

This is a very exciting time for me, the rest of OC, and I think I can safely say, the other bands, David, our fearless leader, and all those others that have been right by his side helping with this event! People have been asking for a ProgPower like event out West for some time now. David and the rest are making it happen! You guys ROCK!!! I can't wait to see everyone in a few days (some sooner)!!

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! \m/\m/

RICK!!!

See ya in a few Days!!! I look forward to seeing you guys play and chatting it up with you at some point over the weekend!

Happy travels!

Brett

Thanks dude! I'm glad you are making the trek from NY!!

BTW, belated Happy Birthday to you. You share a birthday with our keyboardist, Savino (who just turned 21), and a very good friend of mine (and many others in this community), JayDub!

See ya!

I guess I"ll have to buy Savino a beer! :kickass:

I am so looking forward to this. I am ditching work early tomorrow to catch a 6:30PM flight out of Richmond (I hope traffic into/around Richmond itself will not be a cluster-fuck, as Her Majesty the Queen of England is actually going to be visiting the area tomorrow afternoon, thus they'll have a bunch of streets in downtown Richmond blocked off!) and flying into SFO. The only concern I have is that my flight does not arrive until like 11PM, so I am a little nervous about taking public transportation and having to walk around that late at night in a city that I am not familiar with. I am also concerned that something will fuck up (i.e., delayed flights) and I'll end up missing the last bus/train/shuttle into the city from the airport and/or to where I need to go since it seems that nearly everything shuts down at or around mid-night. I guess if all else fails, there is always the option of just hopping a cab.

. . . my flight does not arrive until like 11PM . . . concerned that something will fuck up (i.e., delayed flights) and I'll end up missing the last bus/train/shuttle into the city from the airport . . . since it seems that nearly everything shuts down at or around mid-night.
Yeah... According to this weekday schedule for BART's blue line, the last pickup at SFO is 11:46 PM. :ill:

You'll definitely arrive too late to catch the last bus (10:37 PM) on the SamTrans KX express line.

You may want to look into booking a reservation on a pre-arranged van, although it may be too late for that as the reservations usually must be made 48 hours in advance of your arrival.

According to this feature on the SFO Web site, Taxi fair from SFO to downtown San Francisco runs around $29 to $44.

Worry not -- you'll find your destination, and you will rock! :headbang:

Yeah... According to this weekday schedule for BART's blue line, the last pickup at SFO is 11:46 PM. :ill:

Worry not -- you'll find your destination, and you will rock! :headbang:

I am hoping at the very least that I can get on the subway and get downtown, and then possibly hail a cab to get me to the corner of Broadway and Kearny street (I am staying at the Green Tortoise hostel tomorrow night, and then meeting up to share a hotel room with one of the brothers-in-metal on here).

Interesting that I found two different directions from two different sites on how to get there.

On www.hopstop.com, it has me doing the following:

Take BART from the airport to the Embarcadero stop (assuming I can catch the 11:16 train - hopefully the flight actually arrive early)
Take the F street car from the corner of Drumm and Market up to the ferry building
Take the #12 bus from the corner of Broadway and The Embarcadero to the corner of Pacific and Kearny, thus leaving me a short two-block walk left.

I guess if I really needed to, I can huff it from the ferry building along Broadway, since where I need to go is right on Broadway (at the corner of Kearny).

That actually sucks because, before, I would only had to take the #15 bus from the corner of Market and Greary right up Kearny to where I needed to go, but they took that line away!

However, on the www.transit.511.org site, it has this:

Take BART to 3rd and Market
Walk to Greary and take the #45 to Pacific and Stockton.

That leave me with a pretty good hike (some 5 or 6 blocks) to get to the corner of Kearny and Broadway through a neighborhood that I have no idea as to what it's like that time of night.

If this was during the middle of the day, I'd would not mind it so much, but this is nearly at mid-night, carry a bag and a laptop, so I don't know what kind of area that would be to walk through. Maybe I am being paranoid (and admittedly, I've walked through D.C. pretty late at night with no problems).

Just curious to which of these would be the better to take - the hopstop option (via the F street car and #12 bus - at least that get me closer to my destination), or the 511.org option.

Thanks

EDIT: I tried the www.hopstop.com one again, but giving it an 11:30 departure from the airport time instead of 11, and it gave me the same directions as the 511.org site (I guess I could take either the #30 or the #45 from the Market/Greary stop). I guess the real question is just how safe are these areas to be walking around carrying a bunch of shit at the middle of the night, i.e, will I have to walk through 'the hood' so to speak?. I don't care about the walk itself (and believe me, I've done some serious hiking, not to mention that I do ski on a semi-professional basis as well), but it is one thing walking through the wilderness during the day and another walking through an "urban jungle" in the middle of the night. I guess the only "wildlife" that I actually have a bit of fear for is the two-legged type.

Hell Yes!!! Looking forward to meeting you and raising up a glass, or two, or three...:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

There's also Bay Shuttle. there's an add here if you mention code "citymap" when you call (415-564-3400) to order a ride, it's $11 (not sure if you need to show them this tourist map I'm looking at or not).

See ya!!

There's also Bay Shuttle. there's an add here if you mention code "citymap" when you call (415-564-3400) to order a ride, it's $11 (not sure if you need to show them this tourist map I'm looking at or not).

See ya!!

I went and saved that number. Hopefully they'll take "last-minute" reservations if I ended up needing them (the weather here in VA is looking iffy, and already, according to some websites that I am seeing 1/2 hour delays at Reagan National (Richmond doesn't show up).

Anyway, it is indeed time! As soon as I post this, I am shutting down and heading off to Richmond to catch my flight!

Hopefully, in about 8 hours or so, I'll be seeing you!

I'll be wishing you air and ground transportation bliss, Stephen! Best of luck (even though I know you won't know I wrote this until after you've gotten here).

Well, here I sit at Richmond International Airport using the free wireless! :kickass:

Everything should work out in the end, just that I've never been to San Francisco before and just wanted to check all my options, so I don't end up stranded in a bad part of town at some ungodly hour of the night. I got about a hour to kill before boarding my flight (I hope the damn thing is on time. So far I don't see any indication that it isn't), so taking advantage of the free wireless access to surf the net a little bit, including checking out the latest on here. I am so looking forward to this!

I just wanted to say... Have a kick ass weekend all you lucky blankety-blank-blanks. :D Todd and I won't be able to be there physically, but we will sure as hell be there in spirit. Someone please be sure to toast the Metal Couple (preferably without beer spillage, lol) for us!

I'm gonna go cry now since we can't make it. :cry:

Just a quick reply! Well, I made it! I ended up having to take option B (BART to Montgemery Street and the #30 to Pacific and Stanton). It was kinda interesting walking through Chinatown some 12:30 at night. This Green Tortiose place sure is unique. Kinda reminds me of both the dorms from college and the ski patrol barracks put together (but without the classes or the skiing - although looking at this hill out the window here, I should've brought the roller-blades and do some "stree skiing", although that shit would friggan hurt if I biffed it :eek: ). Now to find "lxe", with whom I am splitting a hotel room with!

Ah yes, my first experience with San Francisco! I guess I've always been looking for an excuse to come out this way, and figure BARFest was about as good as any!