ITALIAN POWER METAL VS... THE WORLD

^^ somebody mentioned Dragonforce as one of the greats? Pffffft. Bad bad bad bad.

Nobody listed Kamelot. US power metal. I hate these threads, because there are so many good acts from so many different places that bring something unique to the genre.

I never even said Dragonforce were good, let alone GREAT. I said they were faster than "Early Blind Guardian, Rage, Running Wild, StormWarrior, Grave Digger, Gamma Ray & Helloween."

HOWEVER: I think that a handful of Dragonforce songs would make awesome epic viking metal in the hands of Ensiferum, especially "Soldiers of the Wasteland" and "Fury of the Storm."

Yep, Soldiers of the Wasteland kicks ass. That song is pretty epic, and probably one of the few songs that deserves praise, as far as Dragonforce is concerned.

^^ somebody mentioned Dragonforce as one of the greats? Pffffft. Bad bad bad bad.

Nobody listed Kamelot. US power metal. I hate these threads, because there are so many good acts from so many different places that bring something unique to the genre.

I find Kamelot really generic. Not that such a description will hinder me from listening to a band, but this particular case is special in that it's power metal and there are few things less musically bearable than generic power metal.

It just depends on what you're into. Kamelot is one of my favourite bands and I find them anything but generic, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

It just depends on what you're into. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Yeah, that's right, it's a matter of taste after all... Anyway, it can't be denied that Italian Power Metal is an outstanding reality at present...

I do enjoy some Kamelot (namely The Fourth Legacy, Karma, and Epica), but The Black Halo and Ghost Opera were tedious, contrived, and boring.

What? I agree about Fourth Legacy being a masterpiece and although I liked Ghost Opera, I know some people couldn't like the album...but the Black Halo is amazing! On par with the Fourth Legacy and a must-have.