It's All For The Cash!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I WAS a HUGE Anthrax fan. Well I am really sad at what is happening to this once great band. Obviously this is only for the cash. I mean, John Bush just had a child and wants to spend time with it. That is totally commendable and understandable. What is not is getting back together with two members that do not matter to Anthrax anymore. Joey is a great singer and drummer. I love the albums he released after Anthrax and is truly a great person. Dan disappeared after he left and as Joeys departure was not amicable. Frank left to join Helmet and now all of the sudden everyone is happy? I think not. Money is leading this train. I feel very sorry for Scott and charlie. I think they think they can' continue Anthrax without doing this and that is truly sad. Frank, Joey, and Dan, I would do the same thing if I were you. Scott and Charlie, get your balls back. The last thrash band Overkill will never die!

true- making money is vital if you want to pay your bills and eat. nothing wrong with making dough!
but the lucky bands that make it in the music biz, manage to make money AND retain some kind of integrity at the same time. this move by anthrax is totally cynical and out of line with the direction they've been heading in the last 12 years. a total 180 turnaround.
plus i've never once read someone post here in the last few years about how they wanted joey and danny back in the band. not once!

this just smacks of an attention-seeking stunt and a way to make a fast buck.

I think someone nailed it on the head when they said its fine to make all the money in the world as long as you retain your integrity. So.... thats what I really meant. Integrity has been lost in Anthrax. Money is fine, but will anyone respect them? I think NOT!

I think someone nailed it on the head when they said its fine to make all the money in the world as long as you retain your integrity

Thats all good and nice but integrity doesnt pay the bills. Now I am not saying that this is the reason for the reunion. Could it be? Sure it prob helped the decision to do this, I dont think that any one including Spitz and Belladonna could say no to money at this point. Anthrax record sales,ticket sales, and merchandise sales have been going down ever since the "breakup".

Now, having said that, WHY IS EVERYBODY CRYING over this? This a great opportunity for the newer fans to see a classic lineup, one of the original "big 4" and for those of us that grew up with this lineup it gives us a chance to go back in time for a little bit and remember greatness. Sure John and Rob MAY have been betrayed, but why is that affecting you?

Finally, Someone with a brain in their head. I am so sick of everyone else here whining like 6 year olds about this, You feel that strongly against Joey coming back then just don't even come back here, I'm serious. Now I appreciated Bush's contribution to this band and I'll miss him for that but the bottom line is there's a reason Anthrax/Joey/Dan/Frank are considered the "Classic lineup" and I should know because I was a fan since 1988 so some of you better appreciate the guys for regrouping with their old bandmates so you can learn something about how they got to where they are now otherwise quit bitching already and move on

I don't have a problem with them getting back together with the other three even if it was strictly for the money.

Nothing wrong with that.

Their last release for The Lesser Of Two Evils flopped.

This year is also the 20th anniversary of the release of Spreading The Disease & i thought it was great for Scott & Charle to bring Joey,Frank,& Danny back in the band.

Sure they did alright with John Bush on the Sound Of White Noise but when Danny left in 1995 & Stomp 442 was released,it was all down hill for them.

I gave up on them after that disc.

But now with the other three back,happy moshing days are here again.