It's Angry Rant Time!

Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
Okay, so yesterday at school, my friend Jack comes up to me with his discman and he's like "I want you to listen to something."

Me: What is it?
Jack: I'll tell you after it's over. It's short.
Me: This isn't Tom Petty again, is it?
Jack: No, I think you'll like it.

So I put on the headphones, and it's AWESOME. It starts off with some brilliant riffage that sounds like something off the Jester Race, and then with the vocals it kicks into a total power metal groove...like Manowar meets In Flames (that is, before In Flames turned into women) with a little bit of thrash. It's less than two minutes, but it's BRILLIANT.

Me: That was AWESOME, dude. Who was it?
Jack: You're not gonna believe me.
Me: Uh-oh...
Jack: Sum-41.
Me: WHAT THE FUCK?!
Jack: Sum-41.
Me: %#$&?ç©#$%&#^´´´ÎÅÅfi%&4?¶fi#$^%&?!%¶fi¶?&£%&¡%&£!~!!!!

This is why I hate those little fuckers so much. They could be SO AWESOME. SO FUCKING METAL. But instead, they're playing this pop-punk bullshit that sounds like it came out of a koala's ass. They're released a couple albums of crap, they're rich now, WHY DON'T THEY PLAY SOME MOTHERFUCKING METAL?!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

I guess I would have to take your word for it dude. That is one style of music that drives me insane (pop-punk) next to
pukeface.gif
rap music.

As far as I know, Sum 41 has at least two blatantly metal songs..."Pain for Pleasure" and "Grab the Devil By the Horns and Fuck Him up the Ass"...both kick insane amounts of ass, and it's mindboggling that it's the same band that does those horrible pop-"punk" songs...

Which Metallica are you talking about: the Load and ReLoad stuff that sounds nothing like Sum-41, or the new stuff that nobody's heard and will likely sound nothing like Sum-41? And are you comparing it to Pain For Pleasure, which also sounds nothing like Sum-41's other stuff?

Just wondering, that's all.