Its another rate my 5150 tone thread....

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
And whats worse about this one is that its a whole minute of an overplayed metallica song :OMG:

Well, i guess slate it, offer something constructive maybe. I suppose this is more of a 'mesa song' guitarwise and 5150 normally sounds at its best with down tuned guitars, but i thought i'd try part of it to see how i could make it sit in a mix using my m-audio 1010lt preamps ( its my first attempt at putting the 5150 in a mix so far) haha. :cry: It was great fun doing it anyway, i dared myself to turn it up to 5 in my bedroom :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=564939&songID=4201433- Fizzy guitars

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=564939&songID=4201439- Cleared up the fizziness (but is it enough?)

cheers,

kev

dont care for the tone so much..sounds loose and fizzy (listening with shit headphones though so....)

cameltoe said:
dont care for the tone so much..sounds loose and fizzy (listening with shit headphones though so....)

yeh, ive been thinking a tube screamer my solve that aspect :) Or perhaps i should attempt to cut or compress some of the top end out? (or go easy on the bbe processor!!)

poidaobi said:
Sandman! w00t!

Sounds pretty good. Maybe a bit woofy.

Could be clearer.(not in terms of the mix though)

I ended up 4 tracking it, so it could have been a bit over the top :rolleyes:

thanks for listening so far guys. I think i've eliminated a bit of that nasty fizziness in the last few minutes- and learnt something valuable today. If you bbe process to high then limit it seriously makes things fizzy. :puke:

I've posted a revised version!

I thought the first two sound just fine. nice and full. a good bit of verb or room.

if you like it that's all that matters. :kickass:

Haha, thats crazy, the fizzy one is a bit too fizzy, but it adds heavy character, so the clip that isnt fizzy just seems a bit flat. Go for something in between and your there :p I like it though, gets pretty close to a recto- for a 5150.