It's Been a Long Time Comin'.... the Official RC GUNS N' ROSES Thread

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
Man ya'll, I have been jamming the shit out of "Madagascar," some track they've been playing from the supposed Chinese Democracy album. Not sure why, I've just been on this GnR kick as of late... which brings me to the REAL Guns N Roses of today, Velvet Revolver... kinda funny how they took that concept and made their own stab at it.

This thread is for all GNR related nonsense.

Have fun. :Spin:

I still love hearing the old GNR tunes on the radio like Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, and maybe even Patience. Of course, those albums had some more good songs, but I only hear GNR on the radio.

I never did like the Use Your Illusion records, except for maybe a few songs, like Civil War. November Rain is one of the biggest cowplops ever.

I've only heard the two Velvet Revolver songs they play on the radio, and quite frankly, they suck. I've never been a fan of Weiland's voice.

Guns n' Roses rock my socks off. While growing up I never liked the softer songs from the Illusion albums (except maybe Estranged), but now I've grown to appreciate and even love almost all of them. Don't Cry however, is one of the worst songs EVAR. Still. :)

'Cause my baby's got a locomotive
My baby's gone off the track
My baby's got a locomotive
Got ta peel the bitch off my back
I know it looks like I'm insane
Take a closer look I'm not to blame
Yeah
If love is blind I guess
I'll buy myself a cane

LOVE'S SO STRANGE

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

ps: weiland rocks. vr is pretty okay.

lizard said:
I think everyone, regardless of what you really think of GNR, should thank them for kicking that synthpop crap in the ass and putting sex and drugs back into rock and roll. Appetite for Destruction is EASILY in the top ten albums of the entire 80s.
Motley Crue put the sex and drugs back into rock n roll, long before GNR had a record contract. By the time "Appetite" came out ('87), Crue had four CDs out. Say what you will about MC, they owned popular Metal in the 80s.

Zod

Papa Josh said:
That Velvet Revolver, along with Tesla's latest album, were the two great rock albums of the year. I can easily imagine Weilend doing It's So Easy... which they do. And Slash playing SEx Type Thing?!? Hell, yeah.
:headbang:
A big "hell yeah" for the Tesla CD.

Zod

Rank in order of preference the following:

Skid Row
Guns n Roses
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
Cinderella
Ratt
Poison
KISS

Thank you for your compliance.

1. Guns n' Roses
2. Skid Row
3. Motley Crue
4. Def Leaapdoproord
5. Ratt
27. Cinderella
472. Poison
9,586,283. KISS

JayKeeley said:
Rank in order of preference the following:

Skid Row
Guns n Roses
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
Cinderella
Ratt
Poison
KISS

Thank you for your compliance.
GNR
Deaf Leotard
Skid Row
Motley Crue
Ratt
Poison
Cinderella
KISS

As for GNR, it think the two UYI albums include the best stuff they ever did. "Estranged", "Breakdown", "The Garden", etc. etc.

Is there a gayer band name than Cinderella? Even Cyndi Lauper said "damn, yous guys are gay."

I think I hate the KISS bandmembers more than I do the music. Not by much though.

I rank Gene Simmons alongside Ted Nugent, Billy Milano, Yasar Arafat, and Bill O'Reilly. Perhaps even lower because he's the Israeli. :loco: