It's done....

Angrafan said:
I have my reasons to believe that Angra is the returning band... I am not saying anything else because I am not 100% sure... :)
I hope you're right! Being able to see Angra again would definitely get me to PPV. I have one of Kiko's picks from PPIII. I personally would rather see them than Edguy but that's just my preference. It would have been really cool to see both Angra and Pain of Salvation again but I guess that's impossible now. Oh well, I'm sure the other headliners will be good :) .

If it is Ayreon or Star One, then I do not care who else is there. I would pay plenty to see Arjen or any incarnation of one of his projects. The other bands would only be fluff (or dandruff, as the case may be). It's a game of wait and see.

btw, I was wondering if Watchtower could be one of the bands (not a headliner, though) now that they are back together again? That would be so awesome. I noticed that they are going to be playing in Texas (where they are from) in early May.

I appreciate all of the responses and emails. However, I do want to nip one rumor in the bud that may or may not have originated from this thread and spread. Ayreon will not be peforming at the festival. I have spoken to Arjen in the past and you have to realize that I have to pay for all of the members to be flown in at least a week early, lodging, food per diem, rehearsal studio, etc, etc. The costs are staggering. It would really need to be an Aryeon show and not a festival.

That said, don't rule out something like from me (in addition to PP) in 2005 if the festival goes well this year.

Glenn H.

Christ Glenn, you are the master of controlling your audience. You firmly tell us that Ayreon will not be performing at PPV, but you still leave the possibility open with that ambiguous closing statement. The speculation will continue to fly, and I don't think people will EVER stop talking about who they think is going to be the big name at your next show. Kudos are in order, I believe.

Hmm. Well there goes my guess. The reason I though it woulda been them is cos of the new album coming out and the singers are not as "high profile" as on past albums, and also some other stuff that I thought of too that I thought gelled.

Ben

I've really got my fingers crossed for any of the following:

Heavenly or Freedom Call (those are my eternal hopes...I shall keep the faith!):Spin:

Iron Savior
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan
Iron Fire
Elegy
Jag Panzer

If none of those happen, at least I'll get Primal Fear and Seven Witches in Cleveland!

Harvester said:
The roster is complete. I now have four weeks to get the "new" website complete and the press release ready. In the meantime, I'll throw out a few teasers:

*There will be an oddball again.
*There will be only one band returning from PP III.
*Five of the acts will be making their U.S. debut. Eight of the acts have never toured the States.
*Not a single list posted in the previous threads had more than five bands correctly guessed.
*I worked for four straight months to nail the headliner down. It will be a one night only, world-wide exclusive appearance. I can see some pissed off Europeans in the future.

I also fully expect a few to be disappointed and be very vocal with their bitching. That's ok as it comes with the job.

Glenn H. :Spam:

hmmmmm, geeezes Glenn
:loco:

I'm not gonna make any guesses on the first 4 of your remarks.......the 5th is very challenging though!!!

My guess would be Avantasia since it is/was a HUGE success in Europe, everyone wants to see it live and it has never happened as of now. Should you manage to get Avantasia on stage in the US for the first and only time I do SURE see some pissed off Europeans, too ;). Something that would NOT suit Ayreon, since they have toured here and will tour here again, no reason for jealousy......

I'm still hoping to be there myself so I will not be among those pissed off Europeans ;)

I hope the "oddball" band might be Pink Cream 69. As you probably know, David Redman is the vocalist for both PC 69 and Adagio. So, perhaps he could do double duty if both PC 69 and Adagio show up this year. However, I know Dennis Ward (PC 69) is an incredibly busy producer, so PC 69 may be a long shot.

Other bands I would love to see:

Balance of Power (their new CD is just mind-blowing)
Tad Morose (another excellent new CD released this year)
Magnitude 9 (another excellent new CD released this year)
Labyrinth
John Arch
Dreamscape (another excellent new CD released this year)
Edguy (new CD due out this year)
Lana Lane (would be a nice "oddity band")

Wow, I'm all tingley and I dont even know one of the bands that are going to play. I get the distinct feeling that Pain of Salvation won't be the returning band (yer killing me glenn!). I do have one very good guess as to one of the appearing bands.

Sinergy

They have not toured the US, and when I posted last year long before PP4 on their forum about a possible appearance, Kim said they tried to get on the PP3 bill but contacted glenn too late. She then said that because of Alexi's(?) CoB stuff, PP4 was out of the question and that PP5 would be a better bet. Well, Sinergy is in the studio (or will be soon)...so yeah. I'm guessing them :).

Fine, then, Bring Arjen To the US, "by hook or by crook". No way in hell I'd miss that. I can't afford to go to the Euro to see him play anything. But, if you can't get him, I'd rather go to Euro and see him than some of the shows around or coming up in the US.
What ya got Glenn? I'm hoping like hell you keep it interesting this year and don't let it slide. If Zero Hour is gonna be there, then I will most likely make the trip, though. Anything Arjen would have nailed the coffin, but, hey...

Evergrey said:
I think I know who it is.... THERION!! With an orchestra.
if that happens, I'll also be winning the Florida lottery that week!

Therion was one of my guesses for this year along with
Kamelot
Brainstorm
Savatage/Jon Oliva
Iced Earth
Conspiracy

doubtful it will be Iced Earth by my guess because theyre touring now and hitting Atlanta and Orlando around May (May 5th for Orlando) I'll be there, Children of Bodom supporting.

I haven't heard anyone mentioning Silent Force or Gamma Ray as a possible return act from III... Edguy & Guardian were great, but I enjoyed GR and SF's sets more.