It's Official - Nick and I are Engaged!!!

Heck, just have the reception at ProgPower... I know that I'd enjoy the open bar and I'm sure I could find one or two other people from this board who would agree. :)

Seriously though, congratulations on your engagement... another match made in metal. :headbang:

I was under the assumption that you'd already be married by the time PP X hit. I would defintely not have your 'official' wedding there for reasons you stated. After all, getting married is supposed to be about you guys, not you guys and a bunch of drunk people waiting for more music :)

It'll be much fun next year, and I must say, have fun planning the wedding. I'm so glad that part won't fall heavily on my shoulders when the time comes lol!

Heck, just have the reception at ProgPower... I know that I'd enjoy the open bar and I'm sure I could find one or two other people from this board who would agree. :)
Haha! :lol: I don't think mine and Nick's wallets could handle the damage some PP attendees could do at an open bar. But thanks for the suggestion. :D
After all, getting married is supposed to be about you guys, not you guys and a bunch of drunk people waiting for more music :)
That's exactly what I was thinking. Besides, Nick and I want to be two of those drunk people waiting for more music ... and I'd prefer if we were not trashed at our own wedding.
It'll be much fun next year, and I must say, have fun planning the wedding. I'm so glad that part won't fall heavily on my shoulders when the time comes lol!
Nick and I are already having a real good time with some of the planning and tossing around ideas. I've been pretty adamant about making sure he knows that this is "our" wedding, not just "my" wedding. By all mean, if I'm asking him about something he could care less about (like say centerpieces or bridesmaid's dresses) than I'm willing to make the decision without him, but I don't want him to feel like it's my wedding and he just gets to show up and pay for stuff. He's already given lots of great input - including the style of his tux - leather, custom made. :headbang: (Good thing my best friend and her mom are seamstresses.)

I would like to hear some ideas from folks here on the forum. I did some searching the other day for "heavy metal weddings" and "rock n roll weddings" and this thread from awhile back came up as one of the first results. Please feel free to share any other ideas you have that we might want to incorporate.

** Just as an FYI, both Nick and I belong to Catholic families (although neither of us are currently practicing Catholics), so we will probably be able to be more liberal with the reception than with what we'd like to do with the actual ceremony. We still haven't officially decided how we are getting married. Nick asked me the other night "You can get married Catholic. You can get married Methodist. You can get married Jewish. Why can't you get married Rock?" :lol: If only I could get my parents to understand that. :rolleyes: I think once we get past this little bit of "political" wedding stuff, things will fall into place much more easily.

A Metal wedding has to be the way to go for sure! I am sure you get married Metal style, its my religion. I listen to Judas Priest every Sunday :p.

I think I said congrats, but don't remember where.

A few things I learned- Ask High School Horticulture classes if they can/will design flowers for your wedding. When I was taking that class, we had to learn how to do them, but didn't want them to go to waste. Since they can't get a profit, usually they will only charge cost. So that could be an option for you.

I'm so happy for the both of you.

-Metal

Speaking of rock or metal weddings -- and I can totally agree with not having the ceremony at PP for the reasons cited -- has anyone ever done a crunchy version of the Wedding March besides Queen on the Flash Gordon soundtrack? :D

Speaking of rock or metal weddings -- and I can totally agree with not having the ceremony at PP for the reasons cited -- has anyone ever done a crunchy version of the Wedding March besides Queen on the Flash Gordon soundtrack? :D

Yes, Tomas Olsson from Bloodbound recorded a version just for me that I walked down the aisle to. Wishmaster might still have a copy--our DJ was so impressed with that and our seating music that he asked if he could keep the CD.

Shaye

Yes, Tomas Olsson from Bloodbound recorded a version just for me that I walked down the aisle to. Wishmaster might still have a copy--our DJ was so impressed with that and our seating music that he asked if he could keep the CD.

Shaye

Now THAT's cool.

I looked on CDDB and sure enough, I didn't see anything besides classical versions or arrangements, except for Queen's version (and one by Prefab Sprout :lol:).

A metal "Wedding March." THERE's a niche for an enterprising metal band to fill..... :heh: