It's Official - Nick and I are Engaged!!!

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
Most of the friends we have met through ProgPower have been told in one capacity or another (texting, calling, e-mailing, etc.), but for those of you that we are friends with that we haven't had a chance to notify yet, I am please to now be able to shout it from the rooftops:

NICK AND I ARE ENGAGED!!! :D

After nearly 6 years of being together (as of this coming July), Nick proposed to me a week ago Friday at the Doro show at JAXX. He admitted that he wanted to do it during the show when they played Fur Immer. Unfortunately that was one of the few songs that they typically play that they didn't this time, so he simply waited until after the show was over and then asked me right there on the floor in front of the stage at JAXX. Stage right at Jaxx will never be the same.

Anyway, just wanted to share the awesome news! I've been super excited over the past week, starting to plan our "heavy metal wedding" and reception. No official date yet, but we are thinking along the lines of sometime in the fall of 2009. Nick says we have to wait till Glenn sets the date for PPX before we can set our date for the wedding. :lol: Go figure! Haha! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh yeah, and just so you know it's really official ... here's a shot of the goods ...
l_0648ce66f5de2c77d2a80f40609b973c.jpg

The pictures didn't seem to turn out that great, but it's a white gold setting, with a square cut stone in the center and three small round diamonds on either side. It's simple, but elegant - just my style of jewelry - not to mention, I haven't really seen anything else like it anywhere, so that fact that it's kind of unique is really cool too.

I just can't express in words how excited Nick and I both are.

Thats what I wanted to do!!!

unfortunatley, I think the only person in our families who would be cool with that would be my metal mother :lol:

thanks for all the best wishes!

Have a "2nd" wedding. Or, vow exchange. I think Glenn should let you have the stage for 10-20 mins to do a quick thing. It'd be so much fun. hehe.

Have a "2nd" wedding. Or, vow exchange. I think Glenn should let you have the stage for 10-20 mins to do a quick thing. It'd be so much fun. hehe.
I actually talked to Nick about this last night a bit. While it is a fun idea, logistically I'm not sure how well it would work. (Getting Glenn's A-OK would be the first step I suppose.) We were tossing around the idea holding our family wedding after PP. That way we could arrive in Atlanta on Wednesday, apply for a marriage license (usually takes 3 days from what I understand), get hitched on Saturday at PP. Then surprise our families/friends when back at home in Baltimore, by having the standard wedding and waiting to the reception to be like "Oh, by the way, we were married at ProgPower a week/two weeks/etc. ago." :lol: (I'm not sure how pleased my parents would be. :erk:)

We also talked about how we want our wedding to be something truly special and not just a 10-20 minute side attraction at a great festival like ProgPower. Although both Nick and I love ProgPower - both the festival and the people who attend have been a big part of our lives together thus far - I think we really want our wedding to be focused on the celebration of our love for one another. (OK, sorry, now I'm just getting all sappy.) I suppose we still have some time to really figure this all out. Either way, we are still going to enjoy the opportunity to celebrate this great milestone in our lives with all of you at PPX. :headbang:

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and congratulations. Nick and I have formed so many great friendships through our love for metal. Thanks for supporting us! :)