It's official...

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
I am finally STOKED about ProgPower IV!!!! It took a couple of days to let everything sink in: let's see, Evergrey and Symphony X, nothing wrong with that; Nightwish definitely fits the bill for "bands I never thought I would get to see, unless Glenn brought them here and propped them up right in front of my fat lazy ass"; I'm still trying to come to grips with the whole Rage thing (this one may take a while); I had read that Zak had a new band, so I was definitely excited about the Circle II Circle announcement; so that brings me to all these bands I had never even heard of until last week: Pagan's Mind, Secret Sphere, Mercenary...Jesus, these bands KICK ASS!!!

I'll admit, when the lineup was first announced, I was not quite sure what to think; I too had heard the rumors about this "name" band or that "name" band, so I was a bit surprised to see all these unfamiliar names intertwined amongst Evergrey, Symphony X, etc. However, after finally taking the time this evening to peruse the MP3 postings on this site, I must say that this is one of the most solid lineups, top to bottom, that Glenn has put together. I do not need to see "established" bands; I NEED TO SEE BANDS THAT ROCK!!!!! Looks like my wish will be granted come September...

Have to agree with your take. I just saw SX twice this past weekend. They are soooooooooo good live. Evergrey's presence, as you said, needs no comment. I just got my first Rage CD ("Unity" ) and just picked up Redmption as well. I donloaded some CIIC, and it just kicks ass. Can't wait.

GZ

It really isn't fair to other bands when one sees Symphony X live..that's how good they are. The standard is set so high, other bands, no matter how good, seem to pale in comparison. I'm still trying to recover from the L'Amours show this past Friday...I'm happy they're closing out night 1 of Progpower!

YtseJammer said:
It really isn't fair to other bands when one sees Symphony X live..that's how good they are. The standard is set so high, other bands, no matter how good, seem to pale in comparison. I'm still trying to recover from the L'Amours show this past Friday...I'm happy they're closing out night 1 of Progpower!

Truer words have never been spoken. :)