It's that time of year ...

prometheus7

Graphic Artist
Dec 16, 2006
www.deathisgain.com
... when one of the forum members steps up to the plate and asks the overworked and underpaid Matt if he is going to come out with a Christmas song. It's practically a holiday tradition at this point and I believe it officially starts the Christmas season in some small Scandinavian town. So, who's going to do it this time around?

... when one of the forum members steps up to the plate and asks the overworked and underpaid Matt if he is going to come out with a Christmas song. It's practically a holiday tradition at this point and I believe it officially starts the Christmas season in some small Scandinavian town. So, who's going to do it this time around?

I think you just answered your own question!

You know I've already put in my order for a Warpriest Christmas, and I've finally ordered the Japanese bonus version of As The World Bleeds too, so I'm not going to be the one hassling Matt!!

Matt? Are you coming out with a Christmas song this year?:)
Thanks for stepping up and taking one for the team. The holiday season can now commence in a small Scandinavian town. The only down side to this, is that Krampus has also been unleashed to torment the bad children. :eek:

What's all the fuss?
They gave us an amazing Easter song this year!
IT'S TRADITION MAN!!!! :p

Reactions: Aish!
Thanks for stepping up and taking one for the team. The holiday season can now commence in a small Scandinavian town. The only down side to this, is that Krampus has also been unleashed to torment the bad children. :eek:

IT'S TRADITION MAN!!!! :p
New guy has to earn his stripes, right? ;):rofl:

I just came across a post I made to Facebook six years ago (on This Day feature). It was one of those funny Jib Jab videos. I had made one with all the band members. When I clicked on the link, it still worked. So I downloaded from Jib Jab and uploaded it to YouTube.

Reactions: rssllue
I'm not gonna make a new thread about it cause it seems unnecessary but the new Theocracy website seems to have gotten rid of any way to download all the Christmas tunes. :( Or I'm an idiot and just can't find it.

You know I've already put in my order for a Warpriest Christmas, and I've finally ordered the Japanese bonus version of As The World Bleeds too, so I'm not going to be the one hassling Matt!!
That's still available?... Been scouring the internet for one of those and have not yet been able to score a copy for a decent price... And the Mirror of Souls Japan edition is even harder to find and even more outrageously priced.

On topic, however, I think we mentioned the Club of Souls disappearing months ago about the time Ghost Ship was being announced and Matt said he would look into it, but have not heard anything more since then. :(

Oh, by the way, Mr. Smith... Are we getting a new Christmas tune this year?... Some of us DID buy multiple copies of your new album this year, so at least SOME of us have been good this year.... Pretty Please??!!?!?!!!?....

I've finally ordered the Japanese bonus version of As The World Bleeds
That's still available?... Been scouring the internet for one of those and have not yet been able to score a copy for a decent price...

A decent price?!? I'll probably cry if I think about how much I've paid for one cover song and one live song, but that's the obsessive collector and fan boy in me. Now, how much do I want a recording of Theocrapella?

On topic, however, I think we mentioned the Club of Souls disappearing months ago about the time Ghost Ship was being announced and Matt said he would look into it, but have not heard anything more since then.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Club of Souls has gone for good, which may (or may not) increase the value of the Christmas album when it's released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaalwrath
A decent price?!? I'll probably cry if I think about how much I've paid for one cover song and one live song, but that's the obsessive collector and fan boy in me. Now, how much do I want a recording of Theocrapella?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Club of Souls has gone for good, which may (or may not) increase the value of the Christmas album when it's released.
Be sad if it did, but that would make the release of the Theocracy Christmas album that much sweeter, lol. Though I don't want to think about how much you paid for that Japanese release, on a personal note, I was able to score a copy of the self-titled Theocracy release from 2003 (Metal Ages version) on e-bay for $10 bucks... and in pristine condition, to boot! It was as if the seller had just taken the cellophane off just before he packaged it, it was so new. Well, guess I'll be scouring the net (and, occasionally, thrift stores) for those, nefarious Japan releases, once again.....

Possible good news from a recent interview with Matt:

"We were walking out of rehearsal a couple of days ago and I said something about doing another Christmas song. I don't know, being gone most of November to Europe is going to be tough, but we are kicking ideas around... I have also wanted to do a covers EP for a while, so that might happen next. Maybe next year, not really sure - something like 5 songs. Also, the label wants us to compile all the Christmas stuff and officially release an album of all the songs so far. I would assume they would kind of be updated and remixed a little bit. People always ask for that, and I really don't know why because they are available for a free download. That's kind of the whole idea behind this, they are Christmas songs as a gift. I guess people want to have them all in one place, so we are talking about finally doing that next year. Those are the things we are juggling in the air at the moment. Maybe we will do a couple of new ones and release them on there."

Reactions: rssllue
Haha, yup! That is still the latest. The honest (honest!) answer right now is I just don't know yet--it depends on time and inspiration. :)
I still don't know anything more about the Club...I'll try to get Harmon on the phone this week and see what I can find out. Thanks guys!!

Matt

Possible good news from a recent interview with Matt:

"We were walking out of rehearsal a couple of days ago and I said something about doing another Christmas song. I don't know, being gone most of November to Europe is going to be tough, but we are kicking ideas around... I have also wanted to do a covers EP for a while, so that might happen next. Maybe next year, not really sure - something like 5 songs. Also, the label wants us to compile all the Christmas stuff and officially release an album of all the songs so far. I would assume they would kind of be updated and remixed a little bit. People always ask for that, and I really don't know why because they are available for a free download. That's kind of the whole idea behind this, they are Christmas songs as a gift. I guess people want to have them all in one place, so we are talking about finally doing that next year. Those are the things we are juggling in the air at the moment. Maybe we will do a couple of new ones and release them on there."