itt: we listen to the new opeth album

hee! I've seen that before.

btw, ftr, fyi, I'm still diggin this album. Sounded great live.

I didnt like Katatonia at all. I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage. It's interesting you thought Opeth were disappointing. I thought they were technically brilliant and sounded great and Mikael was really funny. Jonas seemed like he didn't even know where he was.

I skipped out on the Opeth show here because I was expecting to be incredibly bored by it, then I heard the next day their encore was Bloodbath songs. Those jerks.

I haven't heard Opeth in several albums. Deliverance is their best to me. I also enjoy Still Life on occasion, with Blackwater Park a very rare, specific joy. Orchid and My Arms are good. Damnation is good background music when people are over that I don't want to offend with better music, and I'm tired of listening to Tenhi and Empyrium already. Morningrise is still fucking terrible. I don't know the others.

Everybody always says Opeth and Katatonia suck in concert but the times I saw them they were both unbelievably good. Plus the one time I saw Katatonia I met Jerry and Mike for the first time, and Jerry threw up all over the bar. Like 6 times. Plus they played fucking Murder yessssssssssssssssssss.

:fu: <-- My new friend.

I like the new album, much better than the last one. The only song I don't like is "Slither".

Hot on the heels of the Dorian Gray Tenth Anniversary RC Soiree, Mr. Mikael Akerfeldt has decided to drop the tracklisting for his forthcoming.

Pale Communion! Roadrunner Records just unveiled the fact that the album will hit the stores worldwide on June 17th. Among other things, now we know that Pale Communion was produced by bandleader Mikael Åkerfeldt and mixed by longtime collaborator and Porcupine Tree frontman/guitarist Steven Wilson.

The lead single off the album will be "Cusp Of Eternity", available for pre-order starting Tuesday, May 6th. Mikael Åkerfeldt stated: "I wanted to do something more melodic with this album... there's stronger vocal melodies and more melodies overall... I was pretty consistent with that frame of mind throughout the writing process."

The tracklist for Pale Communion reads as follows:

01. Eternal Rains Will Come
02. Cusp Of Eternity
03. Moon Above, Sun Below
04. Nursing Woes
05. Goblin
06. River
07. Voice Of Treason
08. Faith in Others

I regret not seeing Mournful Congregation because over the last year I have grown to love them.