iTunes store

Aias

Fantasy Football Genius
Jul 3, 2004
Right behind you!
profiles.yahoo.com
I just got a brand new 15" G4 Powerbook (everyone now: "We're happy for you!" :loco: ) and logged into iTunes. CtS is the only JP album available. A woman at the Apple store told me that a lot of indy groups allow Apple to put their songs online for free downloads to drum up support for sales.

So, I guess my question for Mark or Chris is have you guys looked into giving Apple a couple of songs for free download and are you going to make the entire catalogue available on iTunes? I know that you have/had 'Legion Immortal' and 'Battered & Bruised' available on this here site, but putting it on iTunes would get a lot better exposure. Especially since Century Media doesn't seem to be interested in promoting you (which is a crock of shit) It'd also be a great way for some of those who missed out on the reissue of Chain of Command.

Century Media really is a shit label...They don't seem to give a shit about promoting 90% of their bands.

The ITunes thing is quite the good idea, methinks.

Aias said:
I just got a brand new 15" G4 Powerbook (everyone now: "We're happy for you!" :loco: ) and logged into iTunes. CtS is the only JP album available. A woman at the Apple store told me that a lot of indy groups allow Apple to put their songs online for free downloads to drum up support for sales.

So, I guess my question for Mark or Chris is have you guys looked into giving Apple a couple of songs for free download and are you going to make the entire catalogue available on iTunes? I know that you have/had 'Legion Immortal' and 'Battered & Bruised' available on this here site, but putting it on iTunes would get a lot better exposure. Especially since Century Media doesn't seem to be interested in promoting you (which is a crock of shit) It'd also be a great way for some of those who missed out on the reissue of Chain of Command.
That is a very good idea indeed!!!
if you know the person or place to contact let me know, but I will see what I can do to get all releases on there with a couple of free downloads.
Thanks, Chris.

Jean-Pierre said:
Century Media really is a shit label...They don't seem to give a shit about promoting 90% of their bands.

The ITunes thing is quite the good idea, methinks.

Why wouldn't Century Media want to promote their own bands? And change that picture you creepy bastard.

metalgtr84 said:
Why wouldn't Century Media want to promote their own bands? And change that picture you creepy bastard.
Hey metalgtr84
Actually, CM wants to promote every band on it's lable, however, some get a lot more attention than others.
Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey metalgtr84
Actually, CM wants to promote every band on it's lable, however, some get a lot more attention than others.
Chris.

That's what I'm saying; I don't think that they purposely try NOT to promote all of their bands - making them a "shit" label. They have a ton of bands and they have to look at the ones that will make the sweet moolah for the company. Personally, I think Jag Panzer are all decent human beings and excellent musicians and should be rewarded for this. I think that's what pisses a lot of people off - including myself: making moolah should be a reward for doing something awesome, not the reason for being motivated to do it in the first place. Case in point: Metallica.

End of rant...for now.

p.s. Thanks for changing that picture Jean Pierre. You're still a creepy bastard though for putting Alfonso Ribeiro in your signature. ;) Haha just kidding man.

metalgtr84 said:
That's what I'm saying; I don't think that they purposely try NOT to promote all of their bands - making them a "shit" label. They have a ton of bands and they have to look at the ones that will make the sweet moolah for the company. Personally, I think Jag Panzer are all decent human beings and excellent musicians and should be rewarded for this. I think that's what pisses a lot of people off - including myself: making moolah should be a reward for doing something awesome, not the reason for being motivated to do it in the first place. Case in point: Metallica.

End of rant...for now.

Oh, by far I agree, it's all about the music.

I didn't really mean to say that CM actually intends to pay no attention to their bands, it's that they have had plenty of huge promotion oppurtunities they could've taken over and over and over again, and they never seem to go through with them. It's really...just not a good label.

Jean-Pierre said:
Oh, by far I agree, it's all about the music.

I didn't really mean to say that CM actually intends to pay no attention to their bands, it's that they have had plenty of huge promotion oppurtunities they could've taken over and over and over again, and they never seem to go through with them. It's really...just not a good label.

Ok, I understand your point but that fact that you have Carlton Banks dancing in your signature refutes all your arguments (haha I dont quit). It's all about the music to a certain extent - it's ok to make money doing what you like, but the point I'm making is that it should be a reward for hard work and dedication and for rocking your balls off. Anyways...enough about this. Time to find some green beer...

Ok, I understand your point but that fact that you have Carlton Banks dancing in your signature refutes all your arguments (haha I dont quit). It's all about the music to a certain extent - it's ok to make money doing what you like, but the point I'm making is that it should be a reward for hard work and dedication and for rocking your balls off. Anyways...enough about this. Time to find some green beer...

Wut? U ain't down wit da Prince???

\end scariness

Chris_Broderick said:
That is a very good idea indeed!!!
if you know the person or place to contact let me know, but I will see what I can do to get all releases on there with a couple of free downloads.
Thanks, Chris.

I'll see what I can find out for you, Chris.

Aias said:
I'll see what I can find out for you, Chris.
Thanks Aias,
I contacted the right people at CM to see if I could get the ball rolling with itunes, and they said they should be able to get it taken care of by the end of April. With all CD's and a couple of downloads.
Thanks so much for letting me know about this, Chris.

Chris,
Glad to help! Anything to spread the word on JP. Do you have any new info on how things are coming?

I was told at the Apple store that when the free music comes out every Wed, the servers get slammed. So if you can get a song put on there for free download, it'd be a great way to get your name out.

Also, I'd check with CM to see if they are writing a bio for your part of iTunes. If so, tell them to list this here site.

Aias said:
Chris,
Glad to help! Anything to spread the word on JP. Do you have any new info on how things are coming?

I was told at the Apple store that when the free music comes out every Wed, the servers get slammed. So if you can get a song put on there for free download, it'd be a great way to get your name out.

Also, I'd check with CM to see if they are writing a bio for your part of iTunes. If so, tell them to list this here site.
Ok,
CM told me that they would be able to get our cataloge on there in April. I will talk to them about the bio as well, and Cross your fingers that it gets done.
Chris.

Aias said:
Chris, as of today (25 April) CTS is still the only CD listed on iTunes. And still no JP bio.
That Sucks!!!
I'll call CM and see whats up. Thanks for keeping me up to date on the Apple store.
Chris.

Finally, a bit of good news. No, CTS is still the only JP CD for sale. However, there is a bio and album notes for CTS. For some reason, I can't copy and paste the info on here. Perhaps it's because I'm on my Mac now. If anyone has iTunes for Windows, perhaps they can give it a try.

Now Chris, go kick some ass at Century Media and have them put the rest of the catalogue up there for sale!

Chris:

When they finally do put up the rest, do you know if they will put up all of your CDs? I'd rather buy the actual disc but I would still be more than happy to buy the MP3's if all else fails. Of course what I mean are the older CDs like Ample Destruction (easy Jean) and Chain of Command.

Thanks