I've come back with a bizarre epic cover!!

Yeah, we have a winner!! :lol:

Well, the stuff I've used is:

- Guitars: Prominy SC + Revalver MKIII
- Bass: Chris Hein Bass + Ampeg SVX
- Drums: Superior 2.0
- Orchestra: Symphobia (first time I use it :D )
- Vocals: Shure SM58 + Edirol UA-25EX (first time I use it too...)
- DAW: Samplitude 10

one of my favourite fucking bands! this is does justice its awesome!! fucking hope chi recovers soon. Vocals could come up a bit at the verse line but man, so cool.

If you're going for the Deftones snare, you need to cut some of the ring out that snare (surgical EQ and/or gate), and compress it a bit more, put an epic reverb on it (impulses work better than algorithmic for that sound).

Bass sounds good, not digging guitars though. Kinda unsaturated and dry?

What're you all doing to your vocals, man? It seems like you're overprocessing them all the time (maybe cos you aren't used to/don't like the sound of your voice).

Also, check your PMs.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: THIS KICKS SO MUCH ASS!!! I love everything you've done here man. Dont change a thing.
Not. A. Thing.
This is one of the best covers I've ever heard man. Well Done!!!

If you're going for the Deftones snare, you need to cut some of the ring out that snare (surgical EQ and/or gate), and compress it a bit more, put an epic reverb on it (impulses work better than algorithmic for that sound).

Bass sounds good, not digging guitars though. Kinda unsaturated and dry?

What're you all doing to your vocals, man? It seems like you're overprocessing them all the time (maybe cos you aren't used to/don't like the sound of your voice).

Also, check your PMs.

I didn't mean to copy the sound of the original snare. I have just used mine.

Regarding voices, I have tried to use a similar sound to the original in the verse and the melodic chorus. I have not made it because I did not like my voice, but because I looked for that effect.

Very well done, especially the orchestral stuff. But that guitar tone is too scooped. Apart from that, this one of the best and orginal covers that I have heard.

Maybe I've misunderstood something but Morgoe, just because he is covering a Deftones track doesn't mean he has to have the same sound as them :) Whatever snare you use is fine imo, since it's a cover, not a clone.

And once again, props to you man... your skills with programming instruments are CRAZY! Not to mention your vocals... also very very skilled!

I didn't mean to copy the sound of the original snare. I have just used mine.
Maybe I've misunderstood something but Morgoe, just because he is covering a Deftones track doesn't mean he has to have the same sound as them :) Whatever snare you use is fine imo, since it's a cover, not a clone.

Oh no, I haven't heard the original so I don't know how close/different this is. I just assumed that because most people covering things here usually try to emulate the production as well.

On the latest version, I think the snare could still use some more attack. Or perhaps just higher velocities, it sounds like its being hit rather softly. You've done a good job making all the cymbals sound realistic though. Hats are a bit loud?

Still something weird about the guitars. Sometimes its not there at all, sometimes it sounds like chorus, sometimes like bad mp3 compression, I don't know what it is. But I guess you're never gonna get excellent results with samples :(