i've done something evil

anacrucix

aka Shredcaptain Matt
Jan 22, 2007
United Kingdom
I've bought a line6 PodXT.

I'm going to uni in 3 weeks, and was going to buy a beautiful randall head for my beautiful 2x12, but then i figured, i'll probably make more friends if ive got something i can put headphones into.

I've always hated line 6, but i tried this out in the shop and it actually sounded alright, although some of the sounds just sound digital and clippy and crap. Anyone else got one of these badboys? could see myself spending many a sleepless night with it :D

I'm going to uni in 3 weeks, and was going to buy a beautiful randall head for my beautiful 2x12, but then i figured, i'll probably make more friends if ive got something i can put headphones into.

I've always hated line 6, but i tried this out in the shop and it actually sounded alright, although some of the sounds just sound digital and clippy and crap. Anyone else got one of these badboys? could see myself spending many a sleepless night with it :D

Not a Line 6 fan...but it was probably a good choice...good luck in school.

I bought myself one of those last month. If used directly for recording it will sure sound digital...To get a great sound you gotta plug it in front of an amp and make your tones accordingly to this amp.
Although most of the amp simulations on this pedalboard sound VERY digital, the Marshall Preamp simulation in front of my old peavey stereo chorus amp is so awesome that it's worth its 350 $ US just for that!

Anyway at this price, it's an awesome multi-effect and some of the distortions are pretty nice, like the JS-800 or Plexi Variac'd. It can be used only as a multi-effect, for most of the chorus delays and reverbs are fantastic. Oh and the wah-wah is superb on this pedalboard.

Those who say that the Pod Xt is shit just didn't try. You have to spend time figuring out nice tones.

I bought myself one of those last month. If used directly for recording it will sure sound digital...To get a great sound you gotta plug it in front of an amp and make your tones accordingly to this amp.
Although most of the amp simulations on this pedalboard sound VERY digital, the Marshall Preamp simulation in front of my old peavey stereo chorus amp is so awesome that it's worth its 350 $ US just for that!

Anyway at this price, it's an awesome multi-effect and some of the distortions are pretty nice, like the JS-800 or Plexi Variac'd. It can be used only as a multi-effect, for most of the chorus delays and reverbs are fantastic. Oh and the wah-wah is superb on this pedalboard.

Those who say that the Pod Xt is shit just didn't try. You have to spend time figuring out nice tones.

I actually sometimes record directly out of my Roland Micro Cube. It's got very natural modelling. I think it's a great value...especially for a dorm room...AC/DC...headphone Jack...CD in...you can't beat it for 125-150 bucks.

I know what you mean by digital and clippy. I'm sure you can get really good tones out of it though, seeing that many artists are starting to use line6 products with great results, like Michael Romeo.

Everything that i have heard about the pod has been good. The only thing that I've heard that could be a negative is when playing live the effects sound a bid digital, but that won't be a problem at all if you never do gigs. I was thinking about getting one myself, so tell me what you think of it.

The Pod can either be amazing or absolute shit depending on your expectation and application of it. I'm a tube enthusiast myself but there's no way I'm firing up my Boogie in my small apartment at school, lugging it to every rehearsal or recording session, or taking it to every gig. When I still had my PODxt (the bean version) I certainly got my money's worth out of it despite GREATLY preferring tube-tone in 10 out of 10 cases. The POD has been a life saver in more than a few situations for me. That being said, I use a real amp (<---intended to poke fun at the Line 6 users here:p ) for almost all gigs, all important rehearsals, and all important recording sessions. The main reason anyone is ever disappointed by their products is that they actually expect them to accurately reproduce the sound of the amps they can model (which they fail horribly at). They can also be hard to do high-quality sounding tracks with.

To the thread starter, GOOD CALL. trust me, having something like a pod in a dorm-like living situation will benefit you a lot. The only other thing I'd reccomend looking into is something like Atomic Amps (google it) in case you gig regularly and don't want to have to drag around what ever other amp you have. The only thing I would've done differently is wait a little bit becase he new POD should be out fairly soon.