I've Found My Astroglyde (Metal Mix/Song)

Chain: Emg81 - 6505+ - JSX Cab - sm57 *1.3 inches away from the grill*(1, pointed at the dead center of the Dust cap) sm57 (2, Left side of the first 57 pointed at a 45 degree angle *like all the pics show*). My first 57 goes into my digi 003 preamp, and the second (off axis) goes into my Focusrite PSA-1 Pre the into my Digi.

Head - Red Channel : Pre 6, Low 4.5, Mid .5, High 7, post 1.8, Resonance 6, Presence 6

Low pass and High Pass filters (10k and 150hz respectively) with a little scoop (like 2 db) in the 2kish range.

Sounds pretty good, but try lowpassing lower and then have another EQ for a 2-3 dB high shelf boost to get rid of the little bit of extra fizz you have. .

Thanks sir, I forgot there's a ts9 before the head also. I will try adjusting those filters like that. I retracked the rhythms today, I moved the mics a touch and recorded a DI for both left and right sides also. I'll post a "newer" version sometime this evening. It's a little more "brighter" sounding to me. I'll let you be the judge.

Use 1 mic, and point it at the edge of the dust cap. . . Start there and reposition to taste. When you get into more than 1 mic, you only introduce more problems, unless you know exactly what you're doing.