I've just bought No Reply

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
HI!
Yesterday I bought No Reply and I'm listening to it right now. I need more listenings to judge, but so far it's really good!(it makes me think about October Tide)
One thing about the bootleg, is it a coincidence that the lyrics are written with the same characters and colour of Brave Murder Day or is it a kind of tribute to it? I must admit that I have some difficulties in reading the silver writings, even if silver is cool.

ether said:
HI!
Yesterday I bought No Reply and I'm listening to it right now. I need more listenings to judge, but so far it's really good!(it makes me think about October Tide)
One thing about the bootleg, is it a coincidence that the lyrics are written with the same characters and colour of Brave Murder Day or is it a kind of tribute to it? I must admit that I have some difficulties in reading the silver writings, even if silver is cool.

You have a bootleg? Huh? Didn't understand that..

But the layout is actually a different color, and the fronts are different, but it is true, there is silver text.. although I've seen that on many albums. Nothing in the layout was ment to be a tribute to anything. I just worked with Travis Smith for quite a while trying to come out with a layout that befit the music..

I've heard the comparison you make a couple times, but if you really take a look, they aren't very similiar besides the text..

And try holding the booklet up to some light, the silver text will sometimes shine brightly that way.. a pretty cool effect.

oops sorry, I made a typo, I wanted to write booklet and not bootleg...

I know the layout is totally different, I just noticed this similarity in the text maybe because Brave Murder Day and No Reply are the only Cds I own with these kind of silver writings on violet/black background (sorry for being pedantic but the colors inside are quite similar).It was just my first impression opening the booklet.

The effect is cool, but I repeat...it takes a while to try to decipher the words.
tongue.gif

I only listened to the album 3 times so far, of course I need to listen to it more carefully to appreciate it. There's a lot of potential in this band and this album seems really promising, don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that it's a clone band or similar.

I can see the lyrics quite easily, maybe my being color blind has finally paid off. :lol:

i bought daylight dies demo on cassette years ago and have been a big fan ever since i did an interview with jesse when i was writing for the metal observer and i think they are one of the most underated bands out there.
right now with myu new project www.raptureradio.net i am currently spinning a song from no reply.
please comeby and check it out and jesse and crew i dig the fuck out of you guys!
wes/rapture radio