katatonia tribute review

^ <3

Maybe I get mine tomorrow ... or the day after tomorrow ... at least this week. Yay yaaaay yeeeaaah! :loco:
Really really curious to check it out after I've read so many different opinions on here...

Oh god, if I don't get a hold of a copy of this tribute album to one of the greatest bands ever, I'm gonna...FLIP OUT!!!

Jesus, 17 songs???? Hell yeah! October Falls (a brilliant, BRILLIANT band!) doing a cover of one of my all-time fave Kata songs? Beau-TI-ful, that's all I have to say regarding this.
** Nevermind, it's For Funerals to Come - oh well, still looking forward to it hehe.

Last time I checked, The End was sold out of it. I swear, I NEED THIS compilation. Hehe, I'm as good as dead without it.

After reading what Diva has said, now I'm REALLY curious to hear the interpretation of Saw you Drown by OF.

Oh god, if I don't get a hold of a copy of this tribute album to one of the greatest bands ever, I'm gonna...FLIP OUT!!!

Jesus, 17 songs???? Hell yeah! October Falls (a brilliant, BRILLIANT band!) doing a cover of one of my all-time fave Kata songs? Beau-TI-ful, that's all I have to say regarding this.
** Nevermind, it's For Funerals to Come - oh well, still looking forward to it hehe.

Last time I checked, The End was sold out of it. I swear, I NEED THIS compilation. Hehe, I'm as good as dead without it.

After reading what Diva has said, now I'm REALLY curious to hear the interpretation of Saw you Drown by OF.

Saw you Drown is really good, one of my favs.

Divatkreació;5817088 said:
The October Falls cover was the best song as I expected. Hell, those guys seriously captured the original gloomy atmosphere and added something of their own onto it. I love it.

One guy ;)

Well just order from Northern Silence man. I'm sure The End will get some more in. The regular jewel case seems to be rapid around...just gotta search...that's how I find everything.

:) Good to hear!

How limited is this tribute, exactly? I mean, I have a feeling I won't be tracking it down anytime soon. It's nowhere to be found. Dammit all to hell!
The jewel case is not limited to any specific number, so you should be able to track that down pretty easily.

I got the DLP and DCD today and I must say, that Norghash did very good job with this release, artwork etc. You can really see, that it was released by someone who really respect Katatonia's work.

Also, thanks a lot for the nice comments about For Funerals To Come...

Hey don't call me a diva, there's more resemblance with me and captain Haddock (the lad in my avatar) then with the usual divas :cry: And in case of misunderstandings I'm a male!

I know you didn't mean it that way Alcapoth, I just felt like raising my post account, blah :p

l_e28f8c788fd332c092c30b8f8aadb995.jpg

Yes, Digi, Special Edition cd (63/333) and Special Edition Double Vinyl (27/333)

I needs that jewel case :p

Cd is alright, some are really good (cold ways, without god) some are really bad (I break, nowhere) it's really about 50/50, seriously if i want to hear "brave" (a repetitive song in the first place) I want to hear the original not a slightly different version of it - It's annoying haha

yes. Seriously if I wanna hear katatonia, i'll listen to katatonia because no one does it better.

Ha, here's the topic about it! I've heard the discs a couple of times now. FRAGILE HOLLOW's version of Saw You Drown is my personal favorite. Even better than the original (and that's something). I only wonder why they've left out Murder. Will write the review asap.