I've just discovered "AMARANTHE"

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
Hell yeah. Funny though... Do you know the band "ABYSSOS" ?
I used to listen to that band quite a lot about ten years ago, so like 3 days ago, day while cleaning my basement, I've put Nightbreed something (an Abyssos album) and after, I youtubed the name of the guy (Chris Rehn) who made Abyssos and stumbled on his new production which is sooo far from the melodic black metal he used to do. That new song has female vocals and the girl sings with the band Kamelot. So far so good, I then found out that she's in a brand new band and got their cd. It's somehow kind of death metal mixed with flowers, or something.

The band is called Amaranthe and they are from Finland/Sweden.
Here's a single they released. I really dig the album.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those who might be wondering what Abyssos was, here's one of my favourite tunes:

He listened to Abyssoss => Chris Rehn made an Abyssos album => Kamelot's singer sings in Chris Rehn's new production > she's in another brand called Amaranthe.

How on Earth have you come up with such a complicated way to say you like a chick? :loco:

That was a really confusing explanation...This was produced mixed and mastered by Jacob Hansen, and the band is from Sweden with the exception of the drummer who is Danish. No Finnish people here

Sorry for the confusion hahah

But yeah, this tune with Chris Rehn (dude with the tattoos) is for a new project/band of his and it's called Dreamstate. Here's their song "evolution":

But yeah, this tune with Chris Rehn (dude with the tattoos) is for a new project/band of his and it's called Dreamstate. Here's their song "evolution":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9cP3OqK6Y8

Autotune much? Sounds like a robot is singing. So we've got programmed drums, programmed synths, autotuned vocals, sounds like impulsed guitars... I'm sorry, I can't dig this at all. There's just nothing metal about this like symphonic/electro pop metal schtick to me at all.

Yeah well, so because it's not metal enough it can't be good ? And attention here, that music video had nothing to do with "amaranthe":

"The song is the official track for the Rally car driver Ramona Karlsson (www.ramonarallying.com) and her 2012 world rally championship effort, sponsored by Mitsubishi and Höganäs."

I know it has nothing to do with Amaranthe other than Elize's involvement, and I wasn't talking about Amaranthe, I was talking about this video. It isn't a genre thing either, I don't like stale uninspired pop music just like I don't like stale uninspired metal music... just expressing an opinion. I don't expect or even want everybody to agree with me, so take what I say with a grain of salt as just being my honest opinion and nothing more. I'm not one of those "my opinion is the right one, and stands as a fact" people. I just don't like what I heard in that video.

Well that's legit man. I don't like it much either... just showing it because it's the video that led me to Amaranthe.

The Amaranthe cd? Nope. It was Jacob Hansen, produce (co-produce? eh), engineer, mix, master, the whole thing, at his facility in Denmark. I think there was a demo they did before that somebody here worked on.

PS: Jesus christ, the youtube butchery on this video is especially bad...switching it into 720p is night and day.

A sneapster (cant remember who) did some work with demo versions, but yeah like Brandon said the actual album versions of these songs are Hansen.

I mixed the demos for the band. Great band! I think Jacob did a great job!

I mixed the acoustic song they put out a few months ago also.