I've started dancing !

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Okay guys, I'm back from many issues in "RL" (tests to pass for my career and it's not finished + personnal little issues) and glad to read the forum again.

Just wanted to share something fun with you. I'm starting dance lessons, and it's so fun. I've always wanted to be able to dance at 2 like in rock n roll or etc, cause it's so fun to use in clubs or parties.

Annnnnd I discovered by accident... Lindy Hop which is basically the "rock n roll" type of couple dance among all swing dances. Basically, it's like rock n roll but a more old fashionned way, on more groovy jazzy swingy songs, and it's almost impossible to dance it without smiling !

Here you can see how it looks like when you're in the world championships :

Here you can see how it looks when you have fun all together in the streets (these are the actual dancers in my city) :

And here you can see a live dance, actually I think this music is groovy as hell and I find the show so refreshing :

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
reminds me of the old joke...

when it comes to sports, what is the hardest part about gymnastics, ice skating and dancing?

- telling your parents you're gay.

but yeah, good that you found a hobby that you like.
Ahahaha

Hey, rock n roll or lindy hop is everything but gay : you pass the whole time dancing with girls that happen to be cute sometimes, and you can have like 30 different ones in your arms in the same lesson \m/

And about hobbies.. Well that is starting to be difficult to live. I love, besides my "job" which is piloting planes, music - audio production - photography - and now dancing. I need to cut myself in 2 LeSednas to be able to do everything.

reminds me of the old joke...

when it comes to sports, what is the hardest part about gymnastics, ice skating and dancing?

- telling your parents you're gay.

but yeah, good that you found a hobby that you like.

Hahahaha! I know that one as "Whats the hardest part about being in a metalcore band?"...

Holy crap dude...of all the days to come back to check out how this place is (yeah...it is like crack.) I see this.

I'm a big time lindy hop dancer. I'm spoiled by having gottaswing.com being local for me. During the summer almost every weekend is packed with live music from big bands and orchestras, lindy hop champions to dance with a 400+ couple dance floor. This year I've picked up triple step lindy, boogie woogie and I'm getting into some blues dancing. Here's a vid at a dance I went to earlier this summer:

Unfortunately no video of me, but I'm working on it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude that's fun, wouldn't have imagined anyone would be a lindy hoper here !

I'm just starting so things are quite hard for the moment but it seems I'm ok at it. I'm not a big fan of blues/boogie woogie dancing (my proble is that with this very type of music I get bored too fast, it's fucking always the same things since the beginning of time, just like your vidéo : how many times will this basic blues harmony be used with piano/guitar solos on it like that ? :) )

Anyway that's fun, when did you start lindy ?