Annihilator

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Is there anybody here digging Annihilator too ? The more I listen to them ("him") the more I love it. Some good mix of modern thrash, rock n roll riffs, tasteful shred and epic songs.

Also, water's playing is so tight it's insane :

Last edited by a moderator:
the only bad thing about jeff is that he overuses some of his classic licks for soloing

Werd. I've never heard the song (if it even is one) in that clip before, and only have two Annihilator albums, but the licks in the first half of that solo were pretty familiar.

Annihilator rule! First 2 albums are essential and full of incredible playing. Jeff is such a criminally under-rated guitarist. The guy deserves to be in more guitar mags than hacks like Zakk Wylde, Herman Li/Sam Totman "insert flavor of the month's guitarist".
Anyone see his Megadeth audition tape? Him and Mustaine would be such an awesome combination. Definately one of my guitar heroes alongside Chuck, Mustaine, James Murphy, Jeff Loomis and Bill Steer. Guitar greats right there.

Oh I love Annihilator... Probably my favourite technical thrash band. I'd just wish Jeff would start to incorporate these insane breaks again, that made the first few albums so outstandingly excellent.

Anyone picked up heir new DVD yet? Planning to do so...

Went through a lengthy Annihilator phase back in college in the early 90's. The first two albums were fucking great. Bring back Coburn Pharr, I say!

Wow, don't really give attention to this section:lol:

Awesome band and great player (JW rule's)... Oldschool vibe and really cool idea on his lead:headbang:

My favorite Annihilator records are Alice In Hell and King Of The Kill. I hung with Jeff a few times in 96/97 and he's one of the few musicians I ever asked for an autograph (on my guitar case). He's a very easy-going dude (and a killer player of course!) ...

More 2 classics. Personally, I love "Set the World on Fire" album. It´s fucking awesome.