I've suddenly got a hearing problem

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
The topic says it all, for a couple of days the music I've been listening to have been sounding a little weird. The low end didn't sound right so I thought it maybe was something wrong with one of the speakers on my headphones so I swapped it around to see if there was a difference, but no it was the same(!)

I ran two signals of pink noise and I closed my eyes and hipassed the left channel until both channels sounded "the same".. I was surprised to see that I had to hipass the left channel at 200Hz(!!!) to get the same sound in my ears.. wtf?? When I try to listen to low frequencies with my right ear it's sounds very weak and sort of blurry..

Anyone experienced this?

I've been working two days in a row in -9 degrees celcius.. I felt like I was getting "sick" yesterday, but today I feel fine! I hope to god it's just a symptom of a cold
I'll give it a couple of days before I panic...

I think it may have to do with the cold you were almost getting. I had a cold for 4 days and now I feel fine but my ears feel "saturated" still, so to speak. Sometimes when I swallow (when you swallow saliava on a regular basis) I feel my right ear popping up and I can hear better out of nowhere. Hopefully this will go away in a couple of days, so I wouldnt be too worried dude.

Strange, but I currently have the same problem.
5 years ago I had my eardrum damaged while diving, and this felt similar at the beginning, but I went to the doctor and she said everything is fine.
Apparently, it`s just a flu or something (a "panning" flu that pans everything L80 :loco: )

Thanks replying guys!
My ear is a lot better today fortunately! I was getting really worried... I'm finally getting the low-end in my mixes "right" and if one of my ears were permanently "hipassed" at 200hz I could not live with myself(!)
So far a couple of nosespray doses and a good night's sleep has done the trick :)

Sounds like you are feeling better :), but if it's still bugging you on Monday definitely go see a doctor. I had something somewhat similar that caused a vertigo feeling but have never had it again so came to the conclusion it was the flu.