iZotope Shutter Edit

gotet10

Learner
Jan 12, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone use this at all? I've been thinking of trying it out but I don't know if it's worth the money. Any experience with it would be appreciated :heh:

i just got it. its actually pretty fucking cool. but you have to have a midi controller to use it as far as i know.

you can download the trial demo.

also, you don't need a midi controller... you can use you computer keyboard (in most daws).

kind of. i havent had a chance to play with it too much. i used it for alot of synth stuff. did you check out the demo video on their site?

Get it, its sick!

But I suggest you get the demo first, I think it gives you much more control than Glitch Vst. You can get some really nice sounds with it.

man, it's awesome. You basically feed an audio track into Stutter Edit, which is set up on a separate midi track, and then play in/ draw in where the glitchy bits are. You can make your own effects in it and then map it to a midi key. Try the demo first mate

I really dont understand what this plug can do that I cant?
can someone tell me some of the key selling points of this plug?

a lot of what this plugin does can be edited "by hand" ...however if you are the type of person that is always looking for much more convenient and efficient ways to make edits like these, this is a very powerful plugin (in that respect).

HAPPY FUN EXAMPLE TIME:

original *no processing

this first example was created employing only "by hand" editing; distortion/filter effects, autiomation, cut & paste on/off grid editing.

manual *this took approx. 10min to create

this second example was created using the stutter edit plugin.

stutter edit *this took approx. 40sec to create

this is obviously an exaggerated example... however the idea is purely based on convenience. you can make similar production decisions in half the time and using very little of your cpu.

*for the record: i prefer to make these kinds of decisions by hand. because it gives me much more control in terms of creativity however there is always something "different" available which can serve the goal of the music.

a lot of what this plugin does can be edited "by hand" ...however if you are the type of person that is always looking for much more convenient and efficient ways to make edits like these, this is a very powerful plugin (in that respect).

HAPPY FUN EXAMPLE TIME:

original *no processing

this first example was created employing only "by hand" editing; distortion/filter effects, autiomation, cut & paste on/off grid editing.

this is obviously an exaggerated example... however the idea is purely based on convenience. you can make similar production decisions in half the time and using very little of your cpu.

*for the record: i prefer to make these kinds of decisions by hand. because it gives me much more control in terms of creativity however there is always something "different" available which can serve the goal of the music.

Thx for the demo clips man, definately seems to be a convient toy to have for production sake.

HAPPY FUN EXAMPLE TIME:

original *no processing

Did you create the original track?
Thanks for the Demo btw! really cool to hear