Jörg Michael returns to Stratovarius

Fingers said:
Thing is Nightwar who says Biff et al don't contribute to the website or forum it is after all anonymous ?

And don't forget you yourself rattled on about Biff definitely reads the forum because of things he said on stage at Wolverhampton !

We do need a sense of perspective though here, yes Saxon are back on the up, :worship: but I saw them play Worthing assembly rooms, not 10 years ago on the Dogs of War tour with only 50 or so other people in attendance.

Now that is not a dig at SAXON because the gig was genuinely played as if it was a crowd of 50,000, but as with every "jobbing" band in the U.K and rightly or wrongly that is the section Saxon fit, it all comes down to cash be it £'s or $'s if all the budget goes on the album production, and tours (because in fairness you can count on one hand the number of bands who make substantial profits from tours!) I frankly don't give a stuff if the website is not up to date.

Finally I'm no techy but if any contributor to the forum is, why not offer their assistance to Vince rather than digging him out eh ;)

P.S. No news is good news in my book................................................. but hey call me old fashioned.

Fair point Fingers. But I think it's a bit off that two drummers have left Saxon and not one word has been mentioned on the website!

We could always start making things up ourselves and start spreading rumours! How about...........Jason Bonham to Join Saxon on drums!

Incidently, I saw Saxon play in front of no more than 100 people in Tonbridge Wells, and that was on the Unleash The Beast tour! Mind you, that probably says more about Tonbridge Wells than it does about Saxon! Apologies to anyone from Tonbridge Wells!

Paxo - all I can say is 'Lucky Old Tonbridge Wells!!'

Seriously, if the drummer situation has never been settled, I think it would be better if the band just made it clear that the current drummer was just like a 'session' drummer, providing duties for the tour or whatever, and then we (the fans) would not feel so let down when the drummer moved on.
Who knows... maybe the prospect of Nigel G joining the band for recording is more realistic than we thought! Biff would just have to hire a drummer for the tours, but think how good the new material would be!
Jason Bonham on drums eh, Paxo...? Cool idea! And a nice rumour!!
How about this for a internet rumour: Saxon are so fed up with the drummer situation that they have decided that their next album will have its percussion duties supplied by a drum machine!!

nightwar said:
How about this for a internet rumour: Saxon are so fed up with the drummer situation that they have decided that their next album will have its percussion duties supplied by a drum machine!!

LOL :tickled: Didn't Judas Priest use one on there 'Ram It Down' album? Or was it REALLY just a rumour? Good album though, not there best, but still quite good :headbang:

Hi,

don't forget that Jörg is mainly a session drummer than a real bandmember in 99% of the projects he was working on.
From what I gather on his website it's not 100% sure Stratovarius are back. When you put all infosnippets together it says more that "he would like it if Statovarius will be a real band soon after all the last problems" but there is also stated that the health situation of the bandleader of Stratovarius didn't change so much.

Jörg was before for Saxon a tour- and studiodrummer and I don't see a reason why that should change as long as Jörg's schedule allows it, or as long as Biff and the boys don't want somebody else.

I think a lot of the fuss here is a bit of an overreaction.
:D

Come on guys lets get serious!, Im in a band and if my drummer was pulling these kind of stunts then he would be shown the door and kicked through it. What followed after would be auditions for a 'permanent' drummer who's in 'no other bands'. Sounds easy to me, just give Pete Gill a call, ive heard he's a bit broke these days (joking!!! although you have to admit it would be quite interesting!)

Hi,

please don't forget that Jörg prolly was never IN the band, he was a payed tour and studio drummer, that is a totally different situation then the one we can accept in our bands, it's simply a different scale. It's a question of contracts, and I doubt any of us really knows the relationship contractwise between Jörg and the Band as company. That doesn't work like on the level I am playing where you audit drummers, and when you think he fits you tell him "ok, you're in!" it's a bit more complicated. :)

Does anybody know here how the real situation was between Jörg and the band?

macc189 said:
Ram it down is a killer track! shame about the rest of the album but there you go!

Im a Rocker and Blood Red Skies....also pretty awesome tunes! Some of the Ram it Down stuff sounds much better live, it was the dodgy prodution that flawed that album.

I heard it wasn't that the drums on Ram it Down were a drum machine but rather Dave Hollands beats were "sequenced" :tickled: anyways..... hope he rots in jail for what he did.