Jackson custom-made Soloist guitar [Photos]

Edward Yawn

New Metal Member
Sep 14, 2005
Under your bed
This is my guitar: a custom-made Jackson Soloist. I ordered it in July 2003 and received it in May 2004, so it was a ten month long wait. It was made to my own specifications. It's a neck-through construction and the body wood is Hard Ash with Hard Maple neck wood. The fretboard is fully scalloped (like on Yngwie Malmsteen's and Ritchie Blackmore's signature strats). There are no inlays and also no side markers. The fretboard wood is ebony. The bridge is a Kahler 2300 series tremolo bridge. The pick-ups are an EMG 60 in the neck and an EMG 85 in the bridge. Both running on 18 volts, with two 9-volt batteries wired in series.

Most of you will probably recognise the hand-painted airbrush graphic: it's the Def Leppard Adrenalize graphic from their Adrenalize album cover. Originally this graphic was only done on a black base, but I got it custom-painted on a Candy Apple Red base. I am not a Def Leppard fan. I saw this graphic and liked it before I even knew it was based on a Def Leppard album cover.

Here are some photos of my guitar:

fx8nwh.jpg

fx8o6s.jpg

fx8pk4.jpg

fx8pxf.jpg

fx8qjl.jpg

fx8qyc.jpg

fx9cav.jpg

fx9cmh.jpg

fx9idd.jpg

fx9j5d.jpg

Anyone else who also plays guitar, feel free to upload pictures of your guitar in this thread.

Those guitars are a work of art. Awesome. Jacksons are beautiful. I played, and still currently own a Jackson Fusion custom Pro, which I've had for about 10 years now. Just a pity I give up the guitar not long after I bought it. Seems a waste, but I just can't part with it.

I gave up the guitar for a while but I picked it back up about a year and a half ago and all I can think of now is guitar. Funny thing is, not only have I not skipped a beat but somehow I'm way better than I ever was. I don't know how that happened. I guess it's cuz I never stopped listening to music and I would just imagine how a song is played.

I started taking it back up last year, and was amazed that within 3 days, I was remembering riffs that I played. Played aloong with nearly all of Kill'Em All and Fistful of Metal. (Two albums I knew from start to finish) I even remembered some of my old riffs from songs I wrote. Then put it back in its case after two weeks and took up golf instead. :D

Edward Yawn said:
This is my guitar: a custom-made Jackson Soloist. .
Dude... that's so awesome. My buddy has the "Fusion" Sunset edition from the early '90's. Equally cool.

parabola5353 said:
if i may ask, how much does it cost to get one of those made?

It all depends on what you want and the specifications.
Check it out for yourself here:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/custshopquote/

Choose some specs and calculate the cost. Keep in mind that the custom shop calculator quotes you the retail price and most dealers will give you a 30 - 40 % reduction on the retail price. So after you have entered some specs and gotten your quote, deduct 35 % to get a rough estimate of the price.

Ulster Mosher said:
Those guitars are a work of art. Awesome. Jacksons are beautiful. I played, and still currently own a Jackson Fusion custom Pro, which I've had for about 10 years now. Just a pity I give up the guitar not long after I bought it. Seems a waste, but I just can't part with it.

Sure you wouldnt swap it for a big bag of lake balls Col?:Spin: