SD Full Shred in a Jackson Soloist?

53Crëw

Jan 31, 2007
Has anyone tried a Full Shred in the bridge of a Jackson Soloist (Floyd version)? I have the maple neck thru with Alder wings version and it currently has a JB in it. I'm not sure the JB is the best pickup for this particular guitar.... I mainly use standard tuning, although from time-to-time I may tune to D- or C-standard, and for amps I'm usually using a 5150 or Dual Recto with V30's. Anyone think the Full Shred in a Soloist would be a good combination? If not, what else would you suggest.

Thanks.

It might get a bit bright sounding, sence the Soloist is thin and has brighter sounding materials in it, and fullshred is a bright p-up.
Although it might still sound awesome, it is very hard to judge without actually trying the guitar yourself.

I have a soloist and I put a hot rails in the neck (just got a frame to cover the insides since its only a single humbucker pickup) and I found a caparison bridge pickup on ebay that sounds great. I have no experience with the full shred so I can't say otherwise. I'd try it, and if it doesn't work out, sell it on ebay and get a different one.

it'll be a good match probably, the full shred isn't as spikey in the mids as the JB, and a bit clearer, I find it a more even pickup then the JB.

tried different pickups in my Soloist, liked the JB in there, Bill Lawrence 500XL (bill & becky) was cool too, really defined.

duncan distortion was not so good, not clear enough...

Well, what do you not like about the JB and how do you want to change the sound?

Actually, I like the JB, but I'm not sure I like it in this particular guitar... The guitar seems a little loose in the bottom end, and like it could use a little more sparkle and clarity, perhaps. I don't want a shrill or harsh tone, though.