Jackson DKA7 Video Test

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, mates!

I´ve just uploaded a video test I did for a Jackson DKA7 which a fellow local guitarist lent me to tell him my opinion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kvuk0GFr0U&list=UUDN5F1newWwgL3GSonGIY6w[/ame]

I really liked the way it sounds, and would appreciate some input on the mix of the demo. It was played through an Axe FX and so did the bass. Drums are a mix of Metal Foundry, Metal Machine and Slate.

I´ve got to say that the DiMarzios are great and very versatile (I own EMG and Seymour Duncan equipped LTDs and really like the change of sound)

Thanks in advance!

I hope you like both the guitar and the test (if so, please sub to my channel, since I´m uploading videos quite frequently...btw, Alienchrist recorded with me, using a 10-string Agile, wow!)

Cheers!

Sounds great! I really love the D'Activators. I have them too in my Jackson B7 and they sound extremly tight and clear. The mix sounds great to me, especially the low end. What did you do to the bass? Typical Clean DI + Distorted channel?

Sounds great! I really love the D'Activators. I have them too in my Jackson B7 and they sound extremly tight and clear. The mix sounds great to me, especially the low end. What did you do to the bass? Typical Clean DI + Distorted channel?

Thanks, man! It´s the first guitar I play with them, and I loved the sound.

I don´t know if it´s only because of the pickups, but it´s radically different from my 7-string LTD H-1007:

EMG 81-7 vs D-ACtivator
Mahogany vs Alder
Set neck vs Bolt on
Tuneomatic vs Hipshot style bridge...

It has a snappy and tight sound that the LTD doesn´t have, and I love that.

I really appreciate you liked the mix, man. For the bass, it´s all time Axe FX Standard, and a little of TSE´s BOD plugin, and in the first part, the "djenty" one, I also added the DI but a llittle distorted not clean.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!!