Jackson Dkmgt fret buzz

Astrikos

Aug 4, 2008
Athens Greece
Hi i got a new Jackson dkmgt and whatever i tried i have fret buzz which i can hear when i record .In the beginning i had strings with gauge 9 i could still hear it.I took my guitar to a pro technician to fix it.I ask him to fix it and put strings gauge 10.Still the same problems.The problem is on the low 6 and 5 string.When i brought my guitar home the buzz was even more worse than before.I adjusted the bridge and the truss rod and i got better results but no 0 buzz.Is it possible to avoid the buzz or my guitar has a problem and i should return it back.Thank you!

Hi! I also got jackson DKMG, very happy with it great instrument, but every guitar is different i think it needs to be set up correctly , if you change the strings from 9-10 needs to be set up for 10 gauge and you have to use the same brand !!!
I think you can not eliminate fret buzz on electric guitar completely, but maybe it is just my opinion, i like low string settings to and i also have fret buzz but it is ok especialy if you are playing Rock and metal stuff with distortion ( if you have a jackson you should:p) .when you put new strings the fret buzz its even more audible.
If it occurs only on the (lets say 6 fret) only, than it means that the 6-t fret its a little higher and needs to be lowered.
have a nice day.

Thanks man.So how do i lower the fret?Maybe a job for a tech?Thanks again

i dont recomend you to lower the fret, you have to conntact a qualified guitar tech for the job.
This thing its often a problem at new guitars, sometimes after a couple of months it just dissapear the buzz if you use the guitar a lot...
sorry for my english:p

Hi i got a new Jackson dkmgt and whatever i tried i have fret buzz which i can hear when i record .In the beginning i had strings with gauge 9 i could still hear it.I took my guitar to a pro technician to fix it.I ask him to fix it and put strings gauge 10.Still the same problems.The problem is on the low 6 and 5 string.When i brought my guitar home the buzz was even more worse than before.I adjusted the bridge and the truss rod and i got better results but no 0 buzz.Is it possible to avoid the buzz or my guitar has a problem and i should return it back.Thank you!

The nut could be too low, you could have a high fret, could be lots of things.

There is a long list of things to start checking....if you bought it at a shop, I would expect them to fix it.

Higher action didnt help?

If that doesn't help, you may need a truss rod adjustment, ask a professional to take a look at your neck to see if that's needed. They shouldn't charge you to just eyeball it and come up with a verdict

Take the action up a touch more than you think you need to, you get a much nicer sound. It is easy to get obsessed with the lowest possible action for shredding and you sort of get used to some fret buzz, but if you raise it a bit the low chords ring much nicer.