Jag Panzer Doing Mercyful Fate?

Zac

Videodrome
Dec 4, 2003
Southern California
I was just thinking its been a while since Panzer have done a cover song, and then I thought how killer it would be for THEM to do a King Diamond or Mercy cover.

I know Harry's voice is nothing like King's, but look at "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" Harry's voice is totally different than Gordon Lighfoots & in my opinion that is a great cover. Iam sure the arrangement might have to be changed up a bit, but it would be so cool to hear this.

Maybe something off Don't Break The Oath or Melissa?
I can honestly hear Harry doing the vocal lines.

Any thoughts?

Fuck yeah. They'd sound completely awesome doing "Curse of the Pharaohs," "Evil," or "Come To The Sabbath." Also, "Doomed By The Living Dead" from the EP.

Zac said:
I was just thinking its been a while since Panzer have done a cover song, and then I thought how killer it would be for THEM to do a King Diamond or Mercy cover.

I know Harry's voice is nothing like King's, but look at "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" Harry's voice is totally different than Gordon Lighfoots & in my opinion that is a great cover. Iam sure the arrangement might have to be changed up a bit, but it would be so cool to hear this.

Any thoughts?
My vote would go to Curse of the Pharaos.
Chris.

Zac said:

Any thoughts?

I've always loved WOTEF and while i heard Jag & Co. did it i've never heard it:cry:

Anyone know where i can find it? i looked on the Jag site but can't find it.

Gypsy, Curse Of The Pharaohs, Melissa, or Evil would be the best one I think. It would work so well.

Also is anyone else stoked about the Eidolon cover of Don't Break the Oath on their new album coming out? It's going to have both Michael Denner and Hank Sherman guesting!

Katana Overlord said:
Gypsy, Curse Of The Pharaohs, Melissa, or Evil would be the best one I think. It would work so well.

Also is anyone else stoked about the Eidolon cover of Don't Break the Oath on their new album coming out? It's going to have both Michael Denner and Hank Sherman guesting!

I can't wait to hear the cover of that song..I am really looking forward to hearing the new singer as well, as I didn't like Pat very much. The new album should rip!!!

Briody said:
We used to mess around with Mercyful Fates 'Gypsy'. We played at it rehearsal a few times. Sounded cool!

Mark

Dude, where's the recording so we can throw it on the site? :D
Id take someone out just to hear the verse sung by Harry.