The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald

Aias

Fantasy Football Genius
Jul 3, 2004
Right behind you!
profiles.yahoo.com
I just recently got into Jag Panzer after downloading a few songs off of Kazaa. Btw, I've gone out and bought a lot of their old stuff and I'm waiting for my Chain of Command CD to come from Amazon. I have the origional on a split CD with Majesty. So, some MP3's do lead to sales!

Anyway, one song I've never seen listed on any album credits is The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald. Is this a JP release or just Harry singing on a side project?

I'd appreciate any info anyone has. Thanks!

We occasionally do songs for fun and post them on our site. 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' is one of them. You won't find it on any Jag Panzer album, although there is current discussion about making it a b-side single.

Mark

By all means Mark, do the B-Side. I have heard the Jag Panzer version of this Gordon Lightfoot classic (1976) on several occasions and it kicks some mighty ass. When Chris goes in that blazing lead that changes from major to minor scales and back, it makes you proud to be livin' on this planet! Again, Mr. Briody shows off his prowess at musical arrangement. :worship: It's awesome.

I dug up the lyrics to it and sincerely hope that by a link, I'm not trodding on the toes of a copyright lawyer T-Rex!!!

http://www.corfid.com/gl/Albums/Summertime_Dream/The_Wreck_Of_the_Edmund_Fitzgerald.htm

May have to cut and paste. I don't wanna get too tricky with hyperlinks in here.

Skol

Steve the Viking Fan

Sick Boy, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a pirated CD. I bought it from eBay. I also got a split of Shadow Thief (split with Steel Prophet, who is really good, to my suprise). Just cool to own it. Sadly, I lost the bidding for the Chain Of Command LP. I also missed out on The Era Of Kings And Conflicts DVD. Hopefully, it'll be up on the 'store' soon. It was interesting to hear Bob Parduba on vocals.

Briody, the song shreds! When I first heard Wreck, I was amazed! I first heard Jag Panzer on the Hit Parader cassette back in the day and you guys have only gotten better. I liked the MP3s off of the new album, can't wait for it to hit the shelves.

Hopefully, you'll pass through Chicago on your next tour. In a perfect world, you'd be playing at Club Metro !

Cheers!

Iced In Flames said:
I wouldnt mind hearing a version of Grim Reapers, See You In Hell, by Panzer. What say you Mark?

Any Grim Reaper song would be awesome.

You guys should cover "Final Scream". I'm sure Harry would have fun doing the intro bit. :D

IIF, I've never been to HoB. Seen Motorhead w/ Trouble, Judybats, and The Dead Milkmen at the Metro. Love the place, great sound, parking sucks.

Mark, any other JP B-side gems that we may not have heard of?

Aias said:
Sick Boy, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a pirated CD. I bought it from eBay. I also got a split of Shadow Thief (split with Steel Prophet, who is really good, to my suprise).

Yeah, the exact same two boots my friend bought in Germany. :)

Briody, the song shreds! When I first heard Wreck, I was amazed! I first heard Jag Panzer on the Hit Parader cassette back in the day and you guys have only gotten better. I liked the MP3s off of the new album, can't wait for it to hit the shelves.

Is the song still available on JP site?